Giro d' Italia 2014

'Dale

Bongiorno has to drop out of the peloton to get a quick adjustment on his saddle on the move.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryder Hesjedal is probably Garmin's best shot at victory today. The Canadian is sitting near the back of the Garmin train. It looks like they've put their whole team on the front, but the gap isn't coming down as quickly as they would like.

Garmin-Sharp have amassed on the front with BMC, Movistar and Tinkoff-Saxo behind them. They missed out on the break today and need to shut this down if they hope to have a chance at victory today.

As the peloton climbs we can see some riders turggling already. Steven Kruijswijk is on the back again, suffering with a broken shoulder.

This climb shouldn't trouble too many, however, nor should the following fourth category ascent of Rocchetta Sandri. So we can expect the peloton to come to the final climb relatively intact.

Dunno what Quintana's game plan is

He clawed back 2 secs over Cuddles.

The last week. There is a lot of hard climbs and summit finishes and even though I'm backing Evans I think that constant hammering is going to take time over and over again from the pure climbers.

I'm tipping the breakaway to stay away today and maybe a little dig by some of the contendors today inside the last 1km. Weening or Montsalve for the win. Not many teams left out.

Lot of chirp going on at the front with Movistar copping a bit for some reason. Movistar come to the front when Evans is back in the cars, little bit of a dig about Montecassio?

Lot of chirp going on at the front with Movistar copping a bit for some reason. Movistar come to the front when Evans is back in the cars, little bit of a dig about Montecassio?

Saw that

Would've loved the audio on that exchange...

Vorganov attacks from the peloton for the KOM points but it's Monsalve who flys right by him to take the points.

There are a number of teams coming to the front of the peloton. BMC, Astana, Trek and Lampre spread out on the road. Cadel Evans is on the back coming trough the cars.

Davide Malacarne has attacked on the descent. He is quickly brought back into the group. We have 1 kilometre until the intermediate sprint.

Bandiera goes off the front and takes the points in the intermediate sprint.

Garmin rider Nathan Haas is riding his second Giro d'Italia this year. He's had a busy race, crashing on the first two stages and then going on the attack in stage 7. However, he took some time to talk to us about his bike. You can watch the video here, and don't forget to subscribe.

Oraait!!

Get ready for the finalè!

Who'll try to break up BMC and dent Cadel's lead?

GO BASSO