Reitz/Bethlehem/Clarens

Waynehans

I am going to Bethlehem in a few weeks to family. Wanna hop on my bike at Reitz and ride to Behlehem.

Are there Sand roads, jeep track etc along that route.?

Saturday I wanna do a loop from Bethlehem, 50-100km. Any routes from there and out. MTB/Mixed. I dont wanna use the car, know clarens down the road, then I will ride to there

I am going to Bethlehem in a few weeks to family. Wanna hop on my bike at Reitz and ride to Behlehem.

Are there Sand roads, jeep track etc along that route.?

Saturday I wanna do a loop from Bethlehem, 50-100km. Any routes from there and out. MTB/Mixed. I dont wanna use the car, know clarens down the road, then I will ride to there

Google "wolhuterskop nature reserve" in Bethlehem. Lotsa nice trails for loops, good views and plenty game. Entrance is also free!

Google "wolhuterskop nature reserve" in Bethlehem. Lotsa nice trails for loops, good views and plenty game. Entrance is also free!

When last were u there. All i see is that the ANC, wanted to close it down!, cant find a website, but see it run by the LM, so then it probably be a mess!!

I live in Bethlehem, Wolhuterskop is the best, I ride there weekly, there are a lot of great trails and single track around here, not really sure about routes from Reitz to here but I can find out for you! Just by the way Lamber is incorrect it is not free to go into wolhuterskop unless you are a member of the club or go in illegally but its only a R15 entrance!

I live in Bethlehem, Wolhuterskop is the best, I ride there weekly, there are a lot of great trails and single track around here, not really sure about routes from Reitz to here but I can find out for you! Just by the way Lamber is incorrect it is not free to go into wolhuterskop unless you are a member of the club or go in illegally but its only a R15 entrance!

Thanks alot. That is fine, I will pay, just wanna do some riding around the area. Lived there 2000 - 2003, so can't remember all the places.

Even if i must ride road from Reitz I dont mind, maybe go out the back way to Kestell just to make it longer....

the Longer I'm on the road, the less time with Mother In Law!!!! :devil:

Thanks alot. That is fine, I will pay, just wanna do some riding around the area. Lived there 2000 - 2003, so can't remember all the places.

Even if i must ride road from Reitz I dont mind, maybe go out the back way to Kestell just to make it longer....

the Longer I'm on the road, the less time with Mother In Law!!!! :devil:

We entered the reserve before 6am, definetly didn't jump any fence to entered illegally and there were no person in sight to collect money. Will drive around for a few more loops next time to look for someone to give my money to and even pay double- it was worth it :)

Had to leave for Clarens early- but look for additional single tracks, i heard there's plenty.

http://www.strava.com/activities/135128842

Sorry for not paying, honest mistake like I explained in the post above. Maybe entered at the wrong gate or the official was still sleeping. WIll make right the next time i visit :thumbup:

Thanks Guys, will look at it, very short, maybe do a few laps, wanna get in 50-100 on the day, maybe go towards fouriesburg and do Castle rock as well, will explore towards Saulspoort dam and in the farms at eden etc, once i'm there, sure i'll find some dirt.... LOL

Sorry for not paying, honest mistake like I explained in the post above. Maybe entered at the wrong gate or the official was still sleeping. WIll make right the next time i visit :thumbup:

Thanks for replies. At least I always got cash.... never know when u spot a shabeen in the bush!!! the best tasting beer ever!

To Reitz, just tar with the occasional path here and there, to Clarens you are in the same boat unless you know the framers along that stretch and the workers open a gate for you, that is a lovely ride all the way to Clarens.

Wolutherskop is your best choice.