Avid Juicy Piston Head broke off

chaos_za

So i was swapping my pads out when I somehow managed to break the piston head off of my Juicy brake...

Does anyone know if its possible to get a replacement piston or would it just be easier to buy a new brake?

Yes I know its a very average brake but the bike is a commuter so nothing fancy is needed!

Cheers

Did you forget to put in the bleed block? :whistling:

Oh shoot. I see you were only replacing pads.

Edited by Hennie VR

I pushed the piston out one whilst bleeding mine. Luckily I was able to get it back in, but had to bleed the system twice to get all the air out. I'm sure you get replacement parts for them. But I think your LBS will have to order it.

LBS can order for you. PM me if you'd like me to sort it out for you.

Just replaced mine on the Juicy 3 as part of the seal change R155 per calliper set

The old pistons were very brittle probably from heat but almost seemed like a cast iron material where the pin that centers the pad

Just replaced mine on the Juicy 3 as part of the seal change R155 per calliper set

The old pistons were very brittle probably from heat but almost seemed like a cast iron material where the pin that centers the pad

Where did you get your replacement parts? Can you give me Contact details?

Thanks!