Capetonians, how safe is this?

Guest Karma

Guest Karma

Concerned about the Milnerton Rural areas...

Comments please?

post-45906-0-27173000-1399887295_thumb.jpg

Perfectly safe. Infact, it is one of our regular routes going for Coffee in Bloubergstrand.

We normaly are in a fairly big group, but do see cyclists riding alone or in pairs, and up to date, no reports of any incidents were received. Only area I'm on "high alert" is close to DuNoon when going over the N7.

But then again, I have cycled past DuNoon on my way to Killarney (on my own) and I'm still alive.

Already here ;)

So when are you joining us?

Have a look for the Durbanville threads (road and Mtb), our regular rides is posted there.

Guest Karma

Perfectly safe. Infact, it is one of our regular routes going for Coffee in Bloubergstrand.

We normaly are in a fairly big group, but do see cyclists riding alone or in pairs, and up to date, no reports of any incidents were received. Only area I'm on "high alert" is close to DuNoon when going over the N7.

But then again, I have cycled past DuNoon on my way to Killarney (on my own) and I'm still alive.

Perfect. Is this an organized group club ride? very keen to join.

Perfect. Is this an organized group club ride? very keen to join.

Not exactly. Just a bunch of lekker okes riding together. Like I said, keep an eye on the D/Ville Roadie thread under the Group rides.

Already here ;)

Damn i've been absent from thehub for too long.

Might also move there in the near future

Guest Karma

Not exactly. Just a bunch of lekker okes riding together. Like I said, keep an eye on the D/Ville Roadie thread under the Group rides.

Will do. :thumbup:

I ride to work in Montague Gardens from Bloubergstrand following the cycle path, and in the afternoons do a longer loop home. I go up Tyger Valley Road, left in Potsdam, Malibongwe, and then Sandown Road back to Bloubergstrand

Have had absolutely no issues. There is nice wide shoulders all the way. Lots of traffic in the afternoon after 5, but it's not a problem.