Stolen Bike in Mokopane

GerrieTruter

My brother's GT Avalanche 0.5 has been stolen out of the garage over the weekend.

It's a large frame, normal Yellow and silver of the Avalanche 0.5. Marcozzi fork and Scott saddle. Most component are LX except for the Truvativ FiveD crankset. It has 1 Alex DM24 rim and a Sycros's rim with Maxxis Crossmark tires on.

Thats me on the bike at a race last year. Sorry, don't have a better photo.

post-44502-0-67092400-1401037222_thumb.jpg

If you see it please let me know.

Hope there is someone here that can give me a bit of information.

The stolen bike has been spotted by some people that we asked to help look for it. They have a good idea as to who is in possession of the bike. What is my rights to go and take back the bike if I don't have any proof of ownership other than a few photo's.

Should I contact the police to assist? Will I be getting myself in trouble if I confront the person, take the bike back?

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

You will have to see how much risk there is to you in taking it back. I am talking about the guy resisting and it becoming physical.

Best is probably to go to the cops if you think there will be a chance of it becoming a violent confrontation.

If you are confident that you can take it back without a fight then if I was in you shoes I would go get it.

Just make 200% sure it's your bike.

I've been notified that the guy has spray painted the frame red with a can of spray paint.

He lives in the RDP extension so wont be to safe for me to go in there and confront the guy, so I recon going to the cops might be my only option.

Thanks for the reply guys.

Guest Karma

I've been notified that the guy has spray painted the frame red with a can of spray paint.

He lives in the RDP extension so wont be to safe for me to go in there and confront the guy, so I recon going to the cops might be my only option.

Thanks for the reply guys.

Do you want it back is the next question....

The guys that saw the culprit are still looking for the place that he stays.

Worst thing is I took the bike off my Insurance with Outsurance at the end of last month. Its been an awesome bike and started to need all kinds of attention, not sure it is worth the trouble to just take it back.

The guys that saw the culprit are still looking for the place that he stays.

Worst thing is I took the bike off my Insurance with Outsurance at the end of last month. Its been an awesome bike and started to need all kinds of attention, not sure it is worth the trouble to just take it back.

Its yours, get it back, sell if for scrap, but don't let the bastard keep your property!

You let him get away with it, he'll just do it again to someone else.

Its yours, get it back, sell if for scrap, but don't let the bastard keep your property!

You let him get away with it, he'll just do it again to someone else.

Thanks for the kick on the backside. I'm just really deflated today with the whole situation. One bastard can't keep his hands to himself and it causes a massive amount of hassle for the law abiding citizens.

Thanks for the kick on the backside. I'm just really deflated today with the whole situation. One bastard can't keep his hands to himself and it causes a massive amount of hassle for the law abiding citizens.

Bly ek kon jou gat skop :thumbup:

Laat ons weet as jy die fiets terug het!