[Event] Mabalingwe LionMan

WesselvdWalt

I really enjoyed the race. A great combination of flowing jeep track, tough climbs and some pretty decent descends. Water points well stocked!

The venue and vibe at the end was great as well! Will definitely be back next year!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice going!

Interesting about your ascent. My Strava corrected elevation from my Garmin 500 was 982m from 1,062m before correction.

I measured 1,080m with Garmin Edge 500; so very similar to you!

We got lost... 2km before the end. My riding partner was gunning it at the end and in the process must've missed a marker. We then somehow ended up on the start of the 40km and followed the wrong markers for a couple of kms before we turned around. Ended up doing 79km. So, we got some extra value (even though I wasn't too thrilled about it at the time).

This was my very first race I ever did in 2009, so it's always awesome to go back.

It's a proper mountain biking race. I loved it. That climb up Vodacom hill is tough but awesome. Real MTB climbing... and the views! Amazing!

Seeing the hippos at the waterpoint was also pretty cool!

I'll be back every year. No doubt!