Cycle World Bloemfontein wins again

Lance212

I have the dubious honour of living across the road from my LBS in Bloem. Jean & his team are never to busy for a friendly chat or to dispense sensible advice; and because they don't use bullying sales tactics but offer quiet, quality service, the place is always full of happy customers (and staff).

Last month I bought a secondhand Raleigh RC2000 there - Sora brakes, Tiagra crank & derailleurs - with not a scratch (even my girlfriend, who hasn't the slightest interest in cycling, described it as 'very pretty'). Its strange getting on road bike for the first time since 1987 (anyone remember the Invader 10 speed?) and it still feels a little weird! Like a new puppy, it shares the garage with the big dog, my Momsen 329, which is my regular commuter and weekend toy. If you find yourself in Bloem (what you have done to deserve that I don't want to know), do give Cycle World a visit. It s small shop, of course, but there are good people working there.

Btw the high price of petrol has had one pleasant side effect in Bloem - a marked increase in the number of cycle commuters.

Edited by Lance212

Ek kan ook getuig was vir n paar dae in bloem en die fiets winkels daar is regtig besonders,keep it up guys

and because they don't use bullying sales tactics but offer quiet, quality service, the place is always full of happy customers (and staff).

Thank goodness. Last time I walked into another LBS in Bfn they threatened to shoot my kneecaps if I didn't buy anything :ph34r:

Anyways, bullying sales tactics is something that got relooked the day the first online store opened.