XCO National PE (Round 4)

Bicycle Supply Chain

Hey all.

Can anyone tell me a bit about the xco course in Hayterdale?

Specifically terrain, rock, sand, loose over hard, wet, muddy etc?

it the course tight, technical and slow with short sharp climbs or is it open, fast and flowing?

thanks

Edited by boosted gp

It is a very cool course. It has a few steep climbs, and some cool features.

I know the landowners have been working hard on a new addition to the XCO course, apparently a switchback climb.

I would describe the surface as nice hard pack, but there are a few loose and sketchy sections. So loose over hard in a few sections.

The course flows very nicely, and if you are smooth over the technical bits, it will be a very fast course.

It tends to be dry out there this time of the year, but sometimes the cold fronts that sweep in bring some rain, and that area can become very slippery when it rains, and the mud is very sticky.

Apart from the rock garden, there aren't any significant rocky sections on the route.

It is definitely easier than Cascades.

Ok thanks for the info. Helps with tyre choice as I can't bring everything with as I am flying.

Sounds like an awesome course. Can't wait.

Ok thanks for the info. Helps with tyre choice as I can't bring everything with as I am flying.

Sounds like an awesome course. Can't wait.

Theres a provincial this weekend here is a short preview video.

1:12 Eish..... :eek:

Ha Ha, thats one of our top u23 riders. A very sketchy loose downhill section leading into a massive drop off.

• 3 weeks later...

What an awesome course, really loved the technical stuff. to me, it was a proper xco track. decent climbs, proper tech stuff, not just a gazzilion rocks, but built sections to test your skills.

love it.