Weekly Tokai DH upgrade

Guest Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Hey all.

This is aimed at riders who make use of the Tokai DH track. Vince is spearheading a project to upgrade the existing track. This weekend is the start of building and there will be a weekly build till September.

So please pull in and help if you are a downhiller or like to hit the DH line. There are some plans to make some nice big safe machine built jumps on DH3 in the area between the berm and where DH3 and Vasbyt split.

post-18968-0-50945300-1403533883_thumb.jpg

Sounds good - what time and where will the work start - may need to find the site as I doubt we'll make it there on time...

Guest Omega Man

Duane - jumps going to be just after the root section where the existing small stump jumps are? Or where that failure of a tabletop is?

Ja. I've only seen the sketch once so please forgive me if I got the detail wrong.

Where the berm is. then the roots stepdown area. That area that looks like a wasteland before the Vasbyt and DH3 split.

The idea is a few (4 i think) small tables into vasbyt and 2 or 3 big ones that flow into DH3. But proper and safe stuff. Like the stuff we drool over in the pics of Whistler and France. The last time we spoke we also spoke about reinforcing the road and planting trees and vynbos to keep the greenies happy

Ja. I've only seen the sketch once so please forgive me if I got the detail wrong.

Where the berm is. then the roots stepdown area. That area that looks like a wasteland before the Vasbyt and DH3 split.

The idea is a few (4 i think) small tables into vasbyt and 2 or 3 big ones that flow into DH3. But proper and safe stuff. Like the stuff we drool over in the pics of Whistler and France. The last time we spoke we also spoke about reinforcing the road and planting trees and vynbos to keep the greenies happy

Nice. YOu can carry a healthy amount of speed through there, so it makes sense. Also used to be some bigger jumps there anyway. Not the safest ones, but still. Needs more than what is there.

Great idea re the trees & bos pinning up the road slope. With a bit more rain, that DH run could get a bit... yeah.

Guest Omega Man

Big Huge Giant thanks to the guys and girls who sacrificed their time to come out and help build today. It's really appreciated guys.