Rave:- Vinyl wrapping

L.T.G

I have to share with you guys.

A couple weeks ago,via Facebook (friend of a friend of a friend etc etc), I came across someone doing vinyl wrapping ( like they do on cars) on a helmet.

After a couple messages back and forth, we met up last week, handed over my goods and this is the result:-

Before:-

post-6012-0-33312200-1404558620_thumb.jpg

after:-

post-6012-0-61855900-1404558643_thumb.jpg

post-6012-0-13085500-1404558667_thumb.jpg

post-6012-0-85183700-1404558688_thumb.jpg

I'm also busy with a SS build and a while ago I bought a Momsen rigid fork off a hubber, nothing wrong with it, a teeny tiny scuff mark or two, but the colour wouldn't really suit the theme I'm going for ... so did this:-

Before:-

post-6012-0-82644100-1404558579_thumb.jpg

post-6012-0-33113400-1404558719_thumb.jpg

After:-

post-6012-0-63204500-1404558744_thumb.jpg

I only did the front white part in the black vinyl because the back of the fork is has a beautiful raw carbon look.

I contemplated doing the black chequered bit in green as well, but opted for the simpler look.

(post posting my post I've realized I made the pics too small... I'll redo them in a bit)

Edited by L.T.G

Wow what good quality pics!

Um.... as mentioned..... I didn't realize how small I'd them and will sort out a bit later!

So, what are the approx costs involved? Cheaper that spraying?

Please post details of this guy...website FB page perhaps?

Nice job. Cool change. I've always thought white appliances belong in the kitchen. I have a painted carbon fork that needs doing in order to match the next project.

Am i mistaken or did something reacted with the foam of the helmet. Almost like it eaten into it. I know this is what happens when you use normal spraypaint on foam.

Am i mistaken or did something reacted with the foam of the helmet. Almost like it eaten into it. I know this is what happens when you use normal spraypaint on foam.

nope, no damage to the foam.

which part are you seeing as damaged?