First timer please help

courtneybam

Hi Everyone

I am currently looking for advise on a road bike.

I am first timer to cycling and want advise on the size of the bike I need.

I am 1.94m tall so what would be the ideal length size for me and what's a good start bike. I have a tight budget so what must I look for brand wise and price.

Other thing is does anyone have a training programme I can follow as I would like to do 94.7 in November.

I did my first spin class this morning and was thinking of doing 2 a day morning and evening and the ride on the open road over weekends on a Saturday will this be enough prep?

Any advise would be appreciated thanks for the help

regards Courtney

Edited by courtneybam

Welcome..

I don't have a great deal of experience with road biking, but have recently purchased a second hand bike and can share my findings..

Firstly, take a look at http://www.competiti...culatorBike.jsp to get the measurements that you require, to me these are not set in stone and you may find that you tweak them slightly to get into you comfort zone.

The site recommended a 56-57cm frame for me (BB-CT), but what I found when looking for a bike was that the specified size on brands differ between BB-CT and BB-CC. So I ended up taking a printout of the recommended measurements and tape measure to each viewing and made sure that no matter the size of the frame/bike, that I could get it set up to the distances... I ended up getting a 54cm frame that I could adjust to all the distances recommended by the site. Whether that is correct for me or not I'm not sure, but I have done a couple 100 kilometers on it already and no weird aches or pains to report..

Again, just my experience with my latest purchase.

I ended up getting a Raleigh RC3000, really cheap with nice components (from what I know) and rides nicely...

post-49286-0-78120800-1405939397_thumb.jpg

Edited by Raydek