Advice please: Giant OCR1 2007 vs Giant SCR1 2008

Hi all

I am a MTB'er, but do occasionally enjoy a road ride and regularly complete the 94.7.

I am looking to upgrade slightly from my 2002 Trek 1000 Alpha series to a bike with decent components and relatively light weight.

I have found two deals that catch my eye. An OCR1 from 2007 for R6000 vs a SCR1 from 2008 for R4250.

I don't mind spending a little more on the OCR1 if it's a better bike?

Here are the specs for the OCR:

Frame - Giant OCR 1 with carbon rear triangle

Fork - Giant Carbon Aero Composite

Crank - Dura Ace with Dura Ace BB

Shifters and Brake levers - Shimano Ultegra

Front derailleur - Shimano 105

Rear derailleur - Shimano Ultegra 10 Speed

Rims - Giant (DT Swiss)

Brakes - Shimano 105

Saddle - Specialized Gel Toupe

Handle Bar - Giant Connet with Giant Connect Stem

Seat Post - Giant Carbon

Size - Large

And here are the specs for the SCR 1:

ALLUXX frame, carbon fork, FSA Gossamer Crank, Shimano 105 drivetrain, Fizik saddle

I am also not sure how they compare weight wise ?

Edited by ByronH

Can't make the comparison for you as I only know the OCR1 well enough. We have 2 of those in the household and they are very decent solid bikes. The mix of components on the OCR1 also seems to be an upgrade from the original. They came out with a mostly straight Shimano 105 groupset. The Dura Ace / Ultegra / 105 drivetrain is great. Now someone must just tell you more about the SCR1

2008 SCR1 specs are on the Giant website...

Based on your listed specs, the main price difference on the OCR bike (in relations to the SCR) are from the crank-set and the STI shifters. (however, you'll have to do some research to check the finer specs on them, IMO old parts might needs to be replaced at some point)