Bergamont road bikes - Anybody???

#Roadie no more

I do find it ironic that you started a topic about buying a road bike and your name is "#Roadie no more"

@stretch - to cut a long story short, I got into mtb last year and loved it until 2 things happened 1. mtb maintenance is huuuge! and 2. I crashed quite badly in December and have lost my nerve a bit off-road so got back into road riding.

My current bike is 7 years old so time for an upgrade!!!

@stretch - to cut a long story short, I got into mtb last year and loved it until 2 things happened 1. mtb maintenance is huuuge! and 2. I crashed quite badly in December and have lost my nerve a bit off-road so got back into road riding.

My current bike is 7 years old so time for an upgrade!!!

ha ha was just pulling your chain

The guys that import them, sell them.

So they take the bike to the customer at the best price, by reducing the number of people in the sales chain and giving the customer the best price.

They are part of the BMC stable (German/Swiss designed and manufactured in Taiwan), you will see the Bergamont logo on the left chest of the Red/Black BMC kit worn by their road and Mtb teams.

Good value for the spec & ride you are getting - without paying a premium just for the Badge on the front of the bike.

• 10 months later...

I was given a 2014 Bergamont Prime LTD as a gift by a client I did a piece of work for.

It's a 50cm though and I'm 53cm.

I wonder whether velolife would consider changing the frame out for me, particularly as the bike hasn't even left my garage yet?

If that isn't an option, what do you okes think is a reasonable price to ask for the bike second hand? (The bike has a few scuff marks from being re-packed in a box and shipped to me, but as I said, it hasn't done more than 300m)

Anyway, wish this was the 53cm and not the 50.

I think Velo has gone under the hammer(liquidation ). To answer your question, I think you will get less than R10K. I have a Bergamont mtb and the challenge is that no one is bringing them to the country anymore. The shop in Rosebank only brings BMC.

• 2 weeks later...

Less than R10k?

You must be mad.

The groupset alone is R11500 new at CWC.

The wheelset R3000

Then there's a full carbon frame still.

The bike hasn't even ever been lubed.

Anyways, I may just buy a seatpost with a lot of setback and long stem with a lot of rise and ride it like that.

Unfortunately the new owner will be buying a second hand bike, with no warranty and therefore probably won't pay top dollar. Stick up some pics in the classifieds and see how you go. Hope you get your price.

Archived