Cytopower

jeremyd

Not sure how many people use cytopower from usn but I was shocked when I looked at the Nutrition info on the back. The "New Improved" Formula requires double the quantity of scoops, has 712kj as opposed to the old 71cal, 43mg of magnesium now as opposed to 70mg before, 12mg of calcium now as opposed to 90mg before. Now I'm not sure if these reduced minerals are good or bad but what I do know is that you'll go through a bottle of powder twcie as fast as you used to.Angry

712 Kj = 170Kcal' date=' so energy = 2.4 times more. [/quote']

im not sure how u convert etc but you said Kcal,thats different to cal...

Hi,

had to take my son to a sports nutrition expert last week. I was told that USN cytopower was not what it is cracked up to be and is no good at all, this would explain why he was washed out.

Its not Kj that you need but carbohydrates

For a sports drink to use during workouts and racing, i was told to use 1/2 apple juice, 1/2 water, But have settled for Energade as it has a higher carb per 100ml (40g)

I don't think 1Kcal = 1000 cal. 1kCal = 4.2 kJ. If I'm not mistaken Cytopower has two products. One for loading and one for racing, and one does require 4 scoops vs 2, but the price difference is double. Just check which one you bought?

mrmed2008-03-13 00:20:52

AFAIK 1kJ = 238.8459cal or 1kcal = 4.1868kJ

Thus 712kJ = 170058.3cal = 170.0583kcal

mountain_lion2008-03-13 00:23:48

I've been using CytoPower for racing for ages and have been happy with it, but one complaint has always been that it has very little Carbohydrate in it, so I've always supplimented with Vooma Gels, so an increase in Energy content should be good.

when people say calorie they normally mean KCal.. very confusing

It is confusing. There was a case against Kellogs with the Advertising Standards body a year or so ago, where someone had a go at them for saying a bar had only 3Cal in it. The ASA came back and said that it was generally accepted that cal and Kcal are seen as the same thing! (Duh, dont' unserstand that!) But Kellogs said thay would infuture use Cal, (with a capital C), to mean Kcal... Bottom line 1 cal is a tiny amount of energy and most products actually mean Kcal when the use cal or Cal.