2015 Giant Reign 2 availability?

Brawler

Finally got a decent wheel-set. After months of looking at various options I played it safe with Flow EX rims, Wheelsmith spokes, Hope Pro 4 hubs and built by Droo at stoke. May not be the most exotic of wheel-sets but they are bomb proof.

After a lot of riding this weekend I can definitely tell the difference although I also converted to tubeless at the same time so that also makes a difference. Stiffness has improved, noticeable weight difference (didn't measure exactly),  more grip (guessing that's tubeless) and of course the Hope buzz. I swear just that sound alone makes me go faster  :devil:

Edited by Brawler

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gesuip on a wine farm  :ph34r:

I will ride the next one.

Bit of an OT question: Where can I get Giant lock on grips and the 150mm Giant dropper from? I used to buy Giant things from Action but they no longer exist.

Giant Cape Town has stock of both. They're at thebottom of Bree Street - 42 Hans Stryydom Avenue in the North Wharf next to C'olcachio's.

Giant Cape Town has stock of both. They're at thebottom of Bree Street - 42 Hans Stryydom Avenue in the North Wharf next to C'olcachio's.

Thanks. Called them. R2800. Not a bad price for a solid seat post.

..... got a decent wheel-set.

But the original PAM-2 still ok ?

I could not do them any harm, on any trails.

I find them very strong.

They still true, even after 3500km.

But the original PAM-2 still ok ?

I could not do them any harm, on any trails.

I find them very strong.

They still true, even after 3500km.

yeah they were a lot better than I expected (from what people told me they would be like)

Stong rims that remain true but sidewalls are weak. Got a few dings. Other than that a bit heavy.

Didn't have any issues with the hubs either.

• 2 months later...

What is the price of the Giant Reign 2 LTD? I have been looking (wanting) the YT Capra AL Comp 1 (R58 000), bit doing the calculations I might end up not spending that much on a new bike. I then had a look at the Reign 2, which does not look like a bad option at all. What would you do? Any advice? I am 1.82m so I guess a large would do.

What is the price of the Giant Reign 2 LTD? I have been looking (wanting) the YT Capra AL Comp 1 (R58 000), bit doing the calculations I might end up not spending that much on a new bike. I then had a look at the Reign 2, which does not look like a bad option at all. What would you do? Any advice? I am 1.82m so I guess a large would do.

Large any day of the week. R2 should go for around 50-55k depending on what rate they were brought in at. We don't get the Ltd versions here. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Thanks. Then I might as well go for the YT. Thought the Giants were between R40k - R50k... My bad.

Thanks. Then I might as well go for the YT. Thought the Giants were between R40k - R50k... My bad.

Thing is, they were about 35k when they first came out. You can thank the USD for that change

• 3 years later...

so what has happened to all the Reigns .... have not seen any in the Classifieds for some time, other that the Advanced one that Peach has for sale at the moment.

so what has happened to all the Reigns .... have not seen any in the Classifieds for some time, other that the Advanced one that Peach has for sale at the moment.

Still here, still loving it.