Fishers Hill / Primrose

Backpacker

Whilst climbing up Fishers this morning noticed a cyclist walking down without his shoes / helmet.  When asked if he was okay all he said was his bike had just been stolen in Primrose. As we were at the steepest point and he did not offer more info or ask for help, did not stop to find out more ... somewhere else to be careful now, lots of dodgy looking characters around ...

Whilst climbing up Fishers this morning noticed a cyclist walking down without his shoes / helmet.  When asked if he was okay all he said was his bike had just been stolen in Primrose. As we were at the steepest point and he did not offer more info or ask for help, did not stop to find out more ... somewhere else to be careful now, lots of dodgy looking characters around ...

Fishers Hill or AG De Wit ?

Wow, do that regular as part of airport loop and normally found it quite busy therefore safe. 

We call it Fishers, see there is a suburb called Fishers Hill, the long, painful climb which is AG de Witt.  He had no shoes or socks, looked like quite a serious cyclist so assume it was a top end bike that was taken.  He was also alone.

Primrose has always looked pretty sketchy to me, but I would be interested to know if the incident actually happened somewhere in Primrose or if it was Dawnview or another area.

I ride in the Fishers Hill/Dawnview/Solheim areas pretty regularly so this has me worried.

We call it Fishers, see there is a suburb called Fishers Hill, the long, painful climb which is AG de Witt.  He had no shoes or socks, looked like quite a serious cyclist so assume it was a top end bike that was taken.  He was also alone.

So I am going to assume it was from the Primrose Beaconsfield side they must have taken the bike.

I ride there often, not good news.

So I am going to assume it was from the Primrose Beaconsfield side they must have taken the bike.

We also saw the poor guy, he was jogging down the hill from the Primrose Beaconsfield side towards Kloof road.

By that stage he had apparently already phoned his wife to come collect him, luckily he didn't look hurt or harmed.

We ride that hill every thursday so not cool that there are scumbags in the area. Keep safe out there fellow cyclists and try not to ride alone.

Archived