Edge 500 gradient inaccurate

akneethling

Hi. Are there any edge 500 owners who have experienced this before? I get a grade reading on the display of 22% when doing 5% and 0% when I'm doing 10%. I know that its wrong due to my previous GPS readings. But the total elevation is the same as my previous recordings. This device is new, running firmware 3.30 and GPS 2.60

Any ideas will be appreciated.

I sometimes get that when I start my ride before the satellites is logged in. I will start my garmin and leave it for 3min

There are 4 holes on the back.

Check that there is no dirt in there and they are not blocked when mounting

It's a brand new unit, so I don't think the altimeter is blocked. Seems as though the grade acts up on steep inclines. 9% and higher. Maybe I'm just going too slow. Would be interesting to know why.

I have an edge 810 and its presents grade reading issues when I'm on very steep climbs.  Over 15% it shows no grade reading typically (just blank where grade is supposed to be).  I never really worried too much about the grade so never bothered to investigate...

Archived