krugersdorp game reserve

erindanni

HI

I would just like to know if you can still go ride at the krugersdorp game reserve and if so how is the riding

Thanks

Hey erindanni,

I was there about 3 weeks ago, although my wife and I just went for a drive but I did enquire about the riding and it is still on offer.

Have you ever been there before?

Things have gone extremely quiet regarding the trails at the game reserve. Sad, it was a pretty cool place and a lot of effort went into it initially. Let us know if you do go ride there. Would like to know how it is these days?

Its pretty close to where I stay so will definitely go check it out some time in the next few weeks, after hakahana this weekend I want to go check out the bid red barn though, that thread makes it sound like pretty awesome riding!

But ya I'd even be keen to assist in getting it back up to scratch assuming that is has been allowed to degrade...

I rode there a few times about 2 years back... Was a super ride in the sense it was quiet with numerous game around.

• 3 years later...

Just been reading the Gauteng Smallholder that the reserve may soon be home to a 'Disney Land' type theme park, estimated cost around R3 Billion!! :clap: 

They may also site this wonderful themepark at the Carmel estate in Magalies.....a property that Mogale city bought years ago, ear marked as a 'agricultural school' and then left it alone.....now its just a derelict property that has been ransacked and pretty much burnt to the ground over the years.

These guys (Mogale City and WRDM) sure know how to waste some money!!!

Lets not even go there.  There is (or was) a world class Athletics Stadium and a brilliant velodrome right in the center of town.  It's been decaying for the last 8 years.....

Archived