Tygerberg and Stellenbosch/Jonkershoek Rides

TrApT

http://www.tygerbergmtb.co.za/online-orders/funrideentries.html

Lots of uphills.....it's also know as the fun"push" :ph34r: , but the ride through the reserve is fun. Not technical though. I'm thinking of riding it, but will wait at the start to let the crowd go, that way I can enjoy the down ride without moving roadblocks. Let me know if you are going.

I will yeah! I recon you have a good strategy there.

Only reason I ask about Strava, is I want to check out that "Skilpad Dop" line, that was described earlier...

I was, but my current phone doesnt enjoy strave too much. Skilpad dop i think breaks off from super tubes quite close to the top. It has a really steep and loose rocky section with two jumps and then it crosses super tubes into the first wooden ramp.

Cool. I'm going to enter, online, tomorrow. I'll be the person on the Black Merida AM bike, loitering at the back at the start :whistling:

Cool. I'm going to enter, online, tomorrow. I'll be the person on the Black Merida AM bike, loitering at the back at the start :whistling:

I'll keep an eye out. I'm on a navy blue Giant.

Are you going to do the long or the short ride?

I am going to Jonkershoek early Saturday morning to ride Firehut and the Double black. I have a friend who is a first timer coming with me so it will be a very chilled ride. Anyone keen to join? It ll be for the laughs and fun. I also need some pictures for something that I am working on, so I will be taking my camera and kit with.

Let me know and I can send some more details.

Anyone welcome.

Planning another Jonkershoek ride this weekend. Most likely Saturday. Slow on the climbs, fun on the downs. Anyone who want to have fun on their bike is welcome to join. Will most likely ride Firehut and the double black and then spend some time on the double black, between the trees, where the shade is.