Mongoose Canaan

Canaris

Where did you hear? I haven't seen anything about it online.

I remember somebody saying that 2 frames apparently broke at Sani? Not sure if it's true though. I've only hear great stuff about the new Mongoose dual suspensions.

went to bike shop today to get new bike. Oops sorry all of them are recalled. Maybe they will be available in two weeks when the problem is fixed.

There was problems with last years models (larger sizes more prone) breaking where the seat post attaches to the top tube and/or where the shock mount is welded to the down tube.  <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

For 2008 they beefed up the weld of the shock mount and added a gusset on the top tube where it connects to the seat tube. I can only assume they still have problems in those two areas. If you the first owner it should be covered by the warranty. 

The <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Canaan tend to have a long toptube, for there size, which is inline with its XC racing design.  I think people therefore tend to ride smaller sizes with longer seatpost putting lots of stress on the seat tube.  I currently riding a 19? but would like to get something with a sorter toptube.  I therefore looking at 18?/Meduim.  I tried both the medium and the small Canaan and the Small was the better fitting one but it would mean a 400mm seatpost with my hefty body on top of it with a rather short seat tube, so I pasted on a realy good deal.

I a currently riding a vintage Mongoose MTB and therefore really like them and also like the Canaan but the frame is building up a bad reputation similar to the mid 90?s IBOC Alu Team with the triangle top tube.Cry

I was thinking about getting the Canaan later this year, but it looks like I may have to rather go for the Teocali, unless they change the frame significantly for 2009.

The Mongoose bikes offer incredible value for money, and I must say my Meteore Comp is outlasting me by a long shot!