Anyone able to take me on a ride (29th Dec to 3rd Jan)

dancarter760

Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone can help.

I am coming over to Cape Town from London, UK and desperate to get out cycling when I am down. I am going to hire a road bike, but was wondering if anyone was around to take me on a ride one day?

I'm a keen cyclist, normally enjoy doing a 2 to 3 hour ride approx. 17mph. 

Would love to cycle out in Cape Town but obviously would be stupid to out alone as I have no clue where to ride.

I'll be staying in Kloof street until 1st Jan and then staying in Camps Bay till I leave.

Thanks very much.

Dan

Morning Dan! Welcome to the hub. I live in Cape Town and cycle out along that stretch regularly. More than happy to make arrangements with you to check out some of the most scenic cycling routes our city has to offer! I'll PM you some contact details.

As a side note you will pretty much be staying along the most popular stretch of cycling routes in the whole of the city! Not sure if you planned that or it's a happy accident!

Cheers

Jay

Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone can help.

I am coming over to Cape Town from London, UK and desperate to get out cycling when I am down. I am going to hire a road bike, but was wondering if anyone was around to take me on a ride one day?

Road or mountain?

Hi Dan,

The direction to take is south from where you will be. You'll encounter 100s of riders on the road between Camps Bay/Kloof Str and Hout Bay-Chapman's Peak-Noordhoek. Most are decent guys and will have no problem with giving directions/advice on where to ride or to let you ride along. You can't really get lost there as there is really only one route towards the south. From Noordhoek you have a few options, and one or two spots which I'll avoid if I was you.

I'm in Noordhoek and you are welcome to ride along. I can also make you a Google map of the southern peninsula route which you can follow when convenient for yourself. PM me your Gmail address.

There are a lot of riders around anyhow, especially on weekends. On Sunday I probably saw a thousand...