Crossing over the N1 - Route needed please

Cois

Guys I am in need of help.

The biggest limitation on my commute at this stage is the distance.

12 aint going to cut it in the mornings.  I would love to get closer to 20 - 30 km, but the limiting factor is crossing the N1.

I work near the CSIR and use Lynnwood as my main route of travel.  I get off Lynnwood near Lynwood Bridge. 

Going over the N1 poses a huge risk.  I have tried it a few times and almost paid a very high price (BMW Bitch nearly took me out)

On Friday I crossed the N!, was great, there was a very low volume of traffic, but I saw this morning that traffic was at a level that I did not feel safe anymore to cross the N1

So the question:  Where can I cross the N1 to get back onto Kings Highway to get down Meiring Naude?  I would love to do a 20 - 30 km in the mornings,

And yes I am a Bang Gat when it comes to traffic.

Thanks for any advice and help.

Kings Highway is the answer - not Lynnwood.

I use Kings Highway to get back.

Let me see if I can get a map of what I did on Friday

Hey Francois,

I would go from where ever and turn in behind The Glen centre, onto Lynburn rd and onto Meiring Naude. From there go up to Kings Highway and into the neighborhood maybe coming down past Lynwood Primary and crossing Lynwoord rd at Rodericks - do a loop in Menlo and coming back via Kings Highway again.

Alt - go up to Garsfontein - then over to Deli - then through Maroelana/Hazelwood/Menlo Park  - them Kings Highway back.

Hope that helps.

Hey Francois,

I would go from where ever and turn in behind The Glen centre, onto Lynburn rd and onto Meiring Naude. From there go up to Kings Highway and into the neighborhood maybe coming down past Lynwood Primary and crossing Lynwoord rd at Rodericks - do a loop in Menlo and coming back via Kings Highway again.

Alt - go up to Garsfontein - then over to Deli - then through Maroelana/Hazelwood/Menlo Park  - them Kings Highway back.

Hope that helps.

Sweet, can try that as well.  Just a bit scared of Deli.  Will give it a bash one morning.  Just have to get out before 06H15.

Thanks for the route advice.  Will help a lot.

Archived