Mtb Shoe Advice

AlanD

Hi Hubbers,

Its that time to replace the ever so faithful olympic shoes that have given years of riding pleasure. Looking to upgrade to the next level and have narrowed down some options:

1) Shimano MO89

2) Shimano MO88

3) LG montana xt2

Anyone have and experience on these shoes or can recommend anything else in the same range?

Ratched system vs full velcro, whats your view?

Understand try before you buy which I will to see which fits best but appreciate your experience.

Thanks

Ratchets and strings break...velcro don't....but velcro picks up grass and other fibres. Pick your poison☺

Very happy with my Shimano shoes. 1st shoes that dont give me numb feet on long rides.

Not all ratchet systems are equal .I found mavic better than spez and nylon soles better than carbon .Ratchets are easily replaceable  

Hi Hubbers,

Its that time to replace the ever so faithful olympic shoes that have given years of riding pleasure. Looking to upgrade to the next level and have narrowed down some options:

1) Shimano MO89

2) Shimano MO88

3) LG montana xt2

Anyone have and experience on these shoes or can recommend anything else in the same range?

Ratched system vs full velcro, whats your view?

Understand try before you buy which I will to see which fits best but appreciate your experience.

Thanks

Why not stick to the "ever so faithful Olympic"? After all, they've proved their worth to you and at the price difference you could get 2 sets for the price of 1 - just saying :)

No Way!

Going through the same process, my old Olympics are so full of holes.

To add a question, what's the benefit of fully rigid soles over semi-flexible soles? I know MTB is about riding, but every now and again a push has to happen. I broke my chain (no chainbreaker!) at Karkloof once and had to jog 11km with the bike in rigid soles...

Glad someone else is also int he same process. From what i read, the adavntage of the felxible sole is to give you a better pedal stroke that adapts to the way you pedal as we all have different legs, feet and pedal strokes. Really not sure if that actually works.

I like the shimano M088 and the LG but man are shoes pricey and these are the mid range. Still deciding on what to do.

Archived