2014 Giant Trance Advance 27.5 SX

Joebike

What do you guys think of this bike?Anyone with some riding experience on it? And what would I expect to pay for one? maybe a little less as its last years model?

post-42758-0-92873800-1422207984_thumb.jpg

post-42758-0-53696400-1422207998_thumb.jpg

I bought an X2 at Cajees in August  west rand. Got it at R21.5k - a whack off suggested retail. Argue for at least 25% off if buying it now. Bear in mind, little has changed except colour scheme and a few component suppliers.

I rode it at the USN Red Barn race this past weekend. Handled the endless single track like a dream, better than my Anthem 29'r. Great for tracks where the surface changes rapidly from smooth to technical. Set the rear rebound slower than on the Anthem to compensate for extra travel.

I bought an X2 at Cajees in August  west rand. Got it at R21.5k - a whack off suggested retail. Argue for at least 25% off if buying it now. Bear in mind, little has changed except colour scheme and a few component suppliers.

I rode it at the USN Red Barn race this past weekend. Handled the endless single track like a dream, better than my Anthem 29'r. Great for tracks where the surface changes rapidly from smooth to technical. Set the rear rebound slower than on the Anthem to compensate for extra travel.

The X2 is not the same as the SX - SX has a 160mm fork on it and much burlier kit as standard.

Many people have made their own budget SX by whacking a Pike on front of the normal X2 and its worked beautifully... 

Archived