Looking for Cyclists for Research

CyclingResearch

I am looking for cyclists who are willing to partake in research done as part of my Physiotherapy Masters Thesis.

We are investigating the possible difference in asymmety between cyclists with knee pain and cyclists without knee pain. 

Ethical approval is in place.

Testing will take place at the FNB motion analysis lab at the Stellenbosch Tygerberg Campus

Criteria:

• Knee pain on the inside of the knee that started spontaneously (no trauma, no history of crusiate ligament damage or meniscus tear)
  • pain to such an extend that it limits training and performance
  • pain present during some activities  eg. stair climbing, after long sitting, during cycling, during squatting
  • aged between 23 and 45
  • spending at least 5 hours a week on your road bike
  • no traumatic injury or operation to the lower back or lower limbs.

If you are interested please send an email to erikabrand@gmail.com so that I can send the questionnaire through to you.

Maybe state if there are any benefits for the participants, often these research studies takes up time & money.

Maybe state if there are any benefits for the participants, often these research studies takes up time & money.

Unfortunately there are not benefits other that that you have the opportunity to contribute to science. The testing will take an hour of your time and it is once off, you don't have to re-visit the lab for a follow up. The fee charged by the lab will be my responsibility

Unfortunately there are not benefits other that that you have the opportunity to contribute to science. The testing will take an hour of your time and it is once off, you don't have to re-visit the lab for a follow up. The fee charged by the lab will be my responsibility

Ok cool, thanks for the clarity & good luck with the thesis.

Archived