CSA: Giovanni Mottalini se Election Campaign?

voetsek

Ek maak toe vir oulaas my e-mail oop en kry hierdie. Ek kan ongelukkig nie veel tyd hieraan spandeer om te ontleed, want julle weet mos, ek gaan bietjie paartie in die Garden Route

So lees maar terwyl ek en Scooter so bietjie gaan holliday's hou daar in die garden route

To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 7:47 PM

Subject: Nominations to the CSA Board and changes to the CSA constitution

The following Office Bearers are up for election at Congress on the 23rd of April 2008.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

President:                                       

Vice-President:                                

Financial Trustee:                    

BMX  Commissioner:                    

MTB Commissioner:                         

Road Commissioner:                                      

Track Commissioner:                       

Transformation & Development Commissioner:

Additional members:                        

The present elected members are:

President:                                                Lawrence Whittaker

Vice-President:                                         David Bellairs

Financial Trustee:                                     Mark Bradley 

BMX SA President:                                           Greg Till

MTB SA President:                                    Mike Bradley

Road Commissioner:                                       Andre Engelbrecht

Track Commissioner:                                Hein Kroff

Transformation & Development:               Roger Bouton

Additional members:                                 William Newman

Thoko Mhlanga

Tommy Tsabalala

Kenneth Neluvhalani

In addition there are two appointed positions on the board these being;

COO:                                                           Carinus Lemmer

General Manager:                                     Sylvia Dale

After discussion within the CGC committee and in consultation with other affiliates, the following people have been nominated and have agreed to serve, if elected, on the CSA committee, however this communication is intended to call for further nominees and the intention is that the nominees are evaluated and hopefully agreed to by all affiliates before the 23rd of April.

President:                                Giovanni Mottalini (CGC)

Vice-President:                         Elton Davids                   (PPA)

Financial Trustee:                     Mark Bradley                   (EP)

Road Commission:                   Andre? Engelbrecht (GNC)

Steve Marnewick             (KZN)

Track Commission:                   Abdul Davids                  (WP)

MTB Commission:                   Mike Bradley                    (KZN)

BMX Commission:                   Greg Till                           (CGC)

Recreational Commission:        

Development Commission:       Roger Bouton

Additional members:                 William Newman

Thoko Nhlapo                  (CGC)

Thomas Shabalala

Kenneth Neluvhalani.

In addition to this we intend to petition that the constitution be amended so that the Heads of the affiliates are also appointed to the board. Other proposed changes to the constitution:

As is required, we hereby request that the following issues be tabled at Congress:

Changes to the Constitution

Amendment of the voting system to reflect one vote per  licensed rider/ member with no cap

Amendment to deal with the absorption or otherwise of the PPA on a permanent basis as the recreational commission

The drafting of a corporate governance clause into the Constitution

The inclusion of a requirement that all affiliates achieve unification of the sport within their province within a period of 1 year

Changes to the Board

Outside of the election of new board members to the current board positions the establishment of Board appointments for the Head of all registered affiliates

The requirement that all Board Members sign a performance contract in terms of which their key accountabilities are identified and failure to meet these accountabilities requires their resignation

A requirement that all board members appoint a ?shadow? from the previously disadvantaged community with the intent of grooming these people into the understanding of our sport

Please could we have your feedback or alternative suggestions as soon as possible to ensure a smooth transition.

Regards

Simon Nash

Vice Chairperson

Central Gauteng Cycling

Mobile 0824148604

Landline 0861237238

Fax 0866007962

voetsek2008-03-26 00:23:46

en dit lyk asof iemand hierbo 'n BULLY wil wees:

Kan ons dit toelaat?

Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 5:45 AM

Subject: Re: Nominations to the CSA Board and changes to the CSA constitution

More almal

Na aanleiding van die e-pos wil ek net die volgende aspekte aanraak:

Ek was nog altyd onder die indruk dat 'n kongres daar is om elke provinsie die reg te gee om sy eie mening te lug en te stem oor sekere aspekte soos onder andere kandidate vir posisies.

Volgens u e-poshet CGC namens ons ander provinsies besluit wie benoem moet word en wie in watter posisies moet wees.  U meld dat daar met ander provinsies en CGC oorleg gepleeg is, maar nie een van die ander provinsies dra kennis daarvan nie.  Wanneer sou dit gewees het?

Dit wil  vir my voorkom asof CGC die kongres en verkiesing wil stoomroller en hul mening op ander afdwing.  Het elke persoon/provinsie nie reg tot eie besluitneming nie?

As ons terugkyk oor die afgelope 2 jaar, is dit duidelik dat daar foute gemaak was, maar daar was ook vooruitgang - ek meen daar was meer positiewe aspekte as negatiewe dinge.

Waarvoor hou ons kongres en gaan al die onkostes aan daarvoor as ons reeds voor 23 April besluit wie ons verkies wil he?

Dit is my beskeie mening dat elke provinsie die reg het om te nomineer wie die provinsie daar wil he.

Dankie

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
voetsek2008-03-26 00:24:24

judging from the comments regarding the CGC's champs and the going ons at HNP in other threads it doesn't look like Giovanni can run CGC let alone the CSA. its time other provinces started drumming up support for their nominations. 

Guys this is why I stand by my statement " Stand up and get yourself nominated" or suffer another term of turmoil and unhappiness. We seem to have a us and them situation arising once again.

A simple solution would be to have each province submit their nominations and caucus one another to ensure at congress the vote goes the way of the "Best person for the job" Each province must remember you are accountable to their cyclists hence you the cyclist must make an effort to voice your opinion in whom your province nominates to these positions of power to serve your interests at national level.

By the way is it not strange that some provinces has not had their 2007/2008 AGM as yet. Wonder what the ploy is for this.

THINK HARD AND LONG BEFORE VOTING IN ANYONE AND MAKE SURE YOU DO IT WITH CYCLING AS THE WINNER AT THE END OF THE DAY.

Since the discussion started ( a week back I think), I made several comments etc and had some thoughts about it all, but the one thing I came back to thinking all the time was that there can be good people put in place in all the commissions, even some of the above mentioned, but looking at the direction we should head (olympics 2012 and 2016) the development commission is suppose to be one of the most important and critical persons on the board.

For goodness sake, enlighten me as to what the current development and transformation commission has done and exactly why you want to keep it the same?  Don't come and tell me some nonsense that he has done courses for horses with the UCI / AUS etc, many of us has done it - show me the results. Yes - i have seen some documents regards training and coaching BUT this is a position where unfortunately you have to get your hands dirty and not many of us actually goes out and work with the young riders on a daily basis - it is not a deskjob!!

Breeze, I agree that Development is not getting enough attention. Are you implying that you would stand for nomination? If so, what would you do for the youth, boys and girls and of course there's transformation?

Now that we know who CGC executive want for their nominations the challenge goes to the other provinces to make public their lists so that we can start canvassing amongst the provinces for the best person in each position. A challenge to the current holders of positions justify to us the cyclist why we should ensure you another term?

Voetsek Groot Lem en ander maak reg om notas te neem hier kom a ding

More julle

Nee, ek en scooter gaan saam my baas af Epic toe. ek en  scooter is gaste van oom Kevin, en my baas, die dom bogger gaan vir die pyn.

So, as ons terugkom , so om en by 7 april, behoort julle hierdie uit gesort te he.

Julle is almal bekkig genoeg en is mos maar altyd slim.

Ek los hierdie nou in julle bekwame hande.

Hi

One must always remember that change should not be done for the sake of change, it's a strategy to accomplish some overall goal.

One has to have a vision/goal and a clearly defined strategy on how to achieve these before one implements drastic change.

I wish that this can be achieved by whoever becomes the incumbent/s.

Regards

Len Kline
Colnago_512008-03-26 01:39:46

I am implying yes.

Up to now me and Barry worked alot with the "younglings". 

1. I would like to start a cycling school - I have actually given a document in last year and most was excited but it got shot in the foot.  Sylvia was not to keen and neither was those in charge of development and transformation - see, they probably felt I would take over. 

2. Every year we have good jnrs coming through, but no direction for them as to where to head - it took almost all my time last year to make sure jnrs (not just of my team) actully get into teams for this year.  We need to address the issue in the team clauses of SA - if you want to register a team in SA - we have to make sure that there is space for the juniors in those teams as wel. No sense in getting a jnr to top standard with nowhere to go.

3. The same for transformation - people think it is so easy - just put a coloured rider on a bike - we need to go out and get coloured sports persons and change them from other sports to cycling - not those who did not make it in anything - you are either athletic - or you are not? Or am I wrong here?

4.  I have told the womens commission, CSA that they need to address the young - in their own market - instead, after those talks they put Cherise on the Bicycling - great - so now all the cyclists sees her again. We need to get our girlie starts into the magazines such as the TEEN.  We need to sell to new people and young riders currently outside of cycling - that will be the only way how we get more numbers in the ladies catagory.  Sell them heroes.  

5. There are several structured jnr teams - great - but we need more.  And also not 5 teams from the same sponsor - that makes for negative racing. We need to get the sponsors starting young (jnr), but also giving them publicity. Grow with them.  Also - what about forcing the bigger teams to develop . It needs some discussion as to what this structures should be and what CSA expects in the future.

6.  There needs to be a school leaque - track, road, mtb and bmx. We probably need to start something like a multi discipline thing - so that we are sure new riders coming into the sport actually develop into the right disicpline.

7. We (somebody who has the contacts) need to beg Barloworld to give back to the communities - what if we could get several of the tracks that we have in the country back into shape - PPC could assist? Did you know that SA is the country with the most (unused - not looked after) tracks in the World?  If each province at least has 1 proper track - with one proper dedicated person coming to the track to assist certain afternoons and evenings etc.  There must be old track bikes lying at some of your homes that we can pull in again?

This is what comes to mind.  For me - before a rider first in the under 14 and Under 16 catagory has to show talent, the will before we start hammering them with coaches and managers  - yes they need direction.

One more thing - I got to like the track working with the Danes, but I also see some caoches going a bit " wrong "by training on the track every day - we need to convince the riders to train on the road and go to the track just to sharpen up towards an event - but that is probably a whole discussion in itself.

• 3 weeks later...