Santa Cruz 5010

Fratz

My mate has recently bought one - contact him if you wish! His name on here is Rudi-H. I've ridden his bike around a bit and it is insanely comfortable. It feels like a tank but does not feel sluggish or clumsy in any shape or form. The bike is seriously amazing. and...can't go wrong with Santa Cruz (IMHO) (I've just bought the HighBall myself - but I like cross country quite a bit).  

Great 125mm trail bike that you could happily use for casual XC racing as well. A friend has the lady's version (Furtado) and is loving the better comfort and ability on technical trails after many years spent riding and racing an Epic.

Great 125mm trail bike that you could happily use for casual XC racing as well. A friend has the lady's version (Furtado) and is loving the better comfort and ability on technical trails after many years spent riding and racing an Epic.

does she call it Nelly?

No of course not. Other bikes in the Juliana range have also been named after musicians.

I have one. LOVE it. I am technically inept, but this bike is urging me to ride more technical stuff and going faster. Climbing on par if not better than my previous bike (BMC 4stroke 26er). Managed to build her weighing 12.2kg (with pedals, dropper, Pike and proper wide tyres).

Here's a pic:

post-33762-0-34847600-1424327506_thumb.jpg

yip, i own the same one (as in the picture above).

super rad and versatile bike.  In december I pulled away from my one mate on his spez epic on the climbs in knysna and also managed to do ride the downhill course in Karkloof the weekend before last.

really really nice bike and its super strong.  had 3 hard falls with it already and not as much as a paint chip.

Head angle and geometry is also such that you can really get the front up easily to bunny hop or manual.  I can hop a 350mm log with my 5010 yet I struggle to clear a brick with some of the racing geometry XC models.

No of course not. Other bikes in the Juliana range have also been named after musicians.

The Juliana Furtado is actually named after Juliana (aka Juli) Furtado, one of the most successful female mountain bikers of all time.

The Juliana Furtado is actually named after Juliana (aka Juli) Furtado, one of the most successful female mountain bikers of all time.

Aah yes ...I stand corrected. Another of the range is named after Janis Joplin.....I made an assumption .....

• 1 year later...

I'm looking at a Santa Cruz 5010 anybody got one or ridden one?

Did you end up buying a SC 5010?

Archived