[Event] Riverside Mica 2 Provinces MTB Race

Face Plant

Event Name: Riverside Mica 2 Provinces MTB Race
When: 6 April 2015
Where: Vanderbijlpark (Stone haven on vaal), Gauteng
Category: MTB

The time has come again for the annual Riverside Mica 2 Provinces MTB race, this is the only one day race that takes you through 2 provinces - The freestate and Gauteng, This race is made up of about 80% singletrack and the balance made up of jeeptrack, this race has no major climbs which makes it really fast however, there is some interesting technical sections to keep it exciting.

Bring your whole family and come and relax on the lush laws next to the Vaal river after the race http://www.stonehaven.co.za/

Date: 6 April 2015

Venue: Stone haven on vaal

Distances: 70km, 40km & 5km

Entries: Online entries available at http://entry.spectrumsport.co.za/Entry-System/eid=7

Day entries will be available on race day from 06:30

Honesty Seeding System will be in place for this race

Guidline

A - Batch +25 km/h

B - Batch 24 - 20 km/h

C - Batch 19 - 16 km/h

D - Batch - 15 km/h

Go to Event Page

• 2 weeks later...

Quite well supported, although they had some challenges with timing and prize giving, after some delays, was a bumbling, disorganized mess. Races generally recognize the first 3 in each category, in each distance, but they gave prizes to the first 2 in certain categories and then also recognized (and gave prizes to) the first 3 overall in each distance, which were invariably the same people ... missed an opportunity to recognize the efforts of a wider range of participants.

Hi guys (and girls)...

As you may have noticed there were two guys taking photos on the route. If you would like me to send you your photographs, please send me an e-mail with your race number to alanwarren80@gmail.com and I'll e-mail them to you.

Cheers,

Alan

Did the 35km race and really enjoyed it. Nice and fast.

But WTF is up with the "honesty" seeding system? They were supposed ta have an A,B,C and D group, but directly after the start of A, they decided that the rest of the riders would all start together. The guy next to me went into a total panic as he didn't even had his shoes on yet.

This obviously caused bottlenecks that could have been avoided if the batches started how they were supposed to start.

So next year, I'll seed myself in A group.

But other than that a very enjoyable day out. 

Archived