[Event] Robertson Winery Wacky Wine Weekend MTB 2015

Robertson Winery MTB

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CapeLandy, BrandonF - there are 2 areas on the 70km where there is no reception/signal and we had marshal's with satellite phones as back-ups. You might have lost some data in those areas.

Really nice ride. Entered the 50km but on the 2nd 70km/50km split ended up on the 70 route.

Was ready to turn around, but some nice guys convinced me to keep going. Great decision as

the route definitely was more interesting/technical on the 70km. Water & nutrition tables

excellent. Showers at the end - winner!

Minor gripe is no beer at the finish. I know its the Wine festival, but quenching

a thirst with a Sauvignon Blanc doesn't quite do it. Overcame the obstacle with a walk to the

bottle store, but would have gladly supported a local craft brewer if it was available.

Still drank the win though, so all good.

Will be back next year, but will make a weekend of it. Off now to get my BB stripped $$$

CapeLandy, BrandonF - there are 2 areas on the 70km where there is no reception/signal and we had marshal's with satellite phones as back-ups. You might have lost some data in those areas.

Had my Garmin watch which uses GPS only - never had under-reading before?

I had such a k@k race - only got to do the 1st 10 minutes of the 70km before my Crank broke :'( - Super pissssed off... But that's Specialized for you.

Had my Garmin watch which uses GPS only - never had under-reading before?

Hmmm, Google Earth mapped it at a total of 1364m. No idea what could have made the difference. Maybe next year we'll add 300m of climbing just in case?  :w00t:

Hmmm, Google Earth mapped it at a total of 1364m. No idea what could have made the difference. Maybe next year we'll add 300m of climbing just in case? :w00t:

Yes please, had still some left in the tank [emoji3]

Really nice ride. Entered the 50km but on the 2nd 70km/50km split ended up on the 70 route.

Was ready to turn around, but some nice guys convinced me to keep going. Great decision as

the route definitely was more interesting/technical on the 70km. Water & nutrition tables

excellent. Showers at the end - winner!

Minor gripe is no beer at the finish. I know its the Wine festival, but quenching

a thirst with a Sauvignon Blanc doesn't quite do it. Overcame the obstacle with a walk to the

bottle store, but would have gladly supported a local craft brewer if it was available.

Still drank the win though, so all good.

Will be back next year, but will make a weekend of it. Off now to get my BB stripped $$$

Awesome new craft brewer in Robertson, Long Mountain Brewery. I will make sure there is some beer available next time. Organisers need to stay in touch with me for this.

What a weekend! I can tell you, our team is exhausted! Thanks to everyone who made this event such a lekker place to be this weekend. The attitude of everyone on the routes and the happy faces at the finish line made it all worth it.We really enjoy the vibe that you guys bring to our town, loved it!

Please also use this forum to send me suggestions for next year. It's our first event at the new venue with new routes, so there is bound to be improvements to be made.

I know that its not always possible, but being stuck behind the shorter distances at the end is always an irritation when you cycled to the max on the long route. Maybe take the long route back the way they came so that they dont have to sit behind slow riders, especialy on single track.

Racetec has made some changes to the results, but there are still quite a few riders with 10+hours listed, so it is bound to change again. http://results.racetec.co.za/results_by_event.aspx?RID=7452&EN=Robertson%20Winery%20Wacky%20Wines%20Weekend%20MTB%202015%20%2870km%29

The results obviously only reflect those riders with timing chips who are PPA members, so does anyone know whether Riccardo Stermin was indeed the first person in at 3h18, or were there other "un-timed" riders in before him and if so, what was the real winning time?

Racetec has made some changes to the results, but there are still quite a few riders with 10+hours listed, so it is bound to change again. http://results.racetec.co.za/results_by_event.aspx?RID=7452&EN=Robertson%20Winery%20Wacky%20Wines%20Weekend%20MTB%202015%20%2870km%29

The results obviously only reflect those riders with timing chips who are PPA members, so does anyone know whether Riccardo Stermin was indeed the first person in at 3h18, or were there other "un-timed" riders in before him and if so, what was the real winning time?

Hi

The 70km was won by Nichol Jordaan in 3:13mins,..quite a few guy's I know dont have their results reflecting, even tho they are paid up PPA members and had their tags on