Local stars look to sparkle at Pietermaritzburg MTB Festival

News bot

Many of South Africa’s top mountain biking stars including Olympian Philip Buys and national champion Rourke Croeser will be hoping to overcome the physical effects of the ABSA Cape Epic in time for the approaching HC category cross country event that takes place at the Pietermaritzburg MTB Festival at Cascades MTB Park on Saturday 4 April.

Click here to view the article

Lovely articles on the upcoming PMB MTB Fest marathon and XCO events. When can we expect an article on the DH and Enduro?

Hi JPD

Hopefully CSA or someone else will send us good articles covering the enduro and DH events. Unfortunately, we don't have the capacity to cover this event ourselves.

JPD ... unfortunately as it is just Morne, Dave and I doing the Enduro and DH, (and we have other jobs) the time to write articles is few and far between ... I will see if Dave can muscle something up to send to Nick for publication ....

But What I can say is the Enduro is 3 stages with 2 being SHUTTLED to the DH start ... One will most likely start in the World Cup start gate ....

Then for the DH - the track will be similar to the 2013 Masters World Cup track using a slightly altered line in Cloud 9 and Pebble beach.