Some help

imgreg

Hi Guys, 1 st post in many years.

Need some help with choice of bike. Kids got me entered into 1/2 ironman after a 5 year break.

I can get the Quintana roo cd 0.1 with Sram, red with good wheels for R22K.

But i think it is 2009-2010 model, red/white/black. Fairly neat maybe 3 Ironman done, frame is good.

Then a brand new Medium framed Silverback at Action cycles P.E. pops up ? 2015 grey carbon TT. at R22.5K.

What would you choose for R22K ?

Cheers

Greg

So the age of the Roo is not such a big factor then.

The bike has always been well washed and serviced by Triangle Sports (Ironman)after usage, it was a demo model.

The new 2015 Silverback will have the basics fitted. But it is brand new.

I always prefer to buy new. I guess it's something I inherited from my father. It may be lower spec, but it is new and you do get Silverbacks legendary after sales service.

Then again, the QR is a better bike spec wise and in my opinion, better looking. So, if it really is in good condition, it could be a tough call to make.

QR was the most aero bike of its time. With Red and good aero wheels, you are jumping to a different league of bike. If it is in good condition and you wont have to replace any very worn parts, it is the obvious choice.

If tri is not for you, you will get most of your money back. The Silverback, being new, will lose 40% as soon as you turn a pedal.

QR was the most aero bike of its time. With Red and good aero wheels, you are jumping to a different league of bike. If it is in good condition and you wont have to replace any very worn parts, it is the obvious choice.

If tri is not for you, you will get most of your money back. The Silverback, being new, will lose 40% as soon as you turn a pedal.

Exactly my thoughts. Its already lost its value so there wouldnt be a bit hit if the tri bug doesnt last.

Thanks guys.

I found out yesterday this is 2012 NOT 2008 and only done about 1800-

2000 km in total so I think I will pay and collect in the morning.

Thanks for the assistance.

Dude, you come in here ask our advice and then don't post pictures. I feel used. I need my gadget fix. Pleeeaaaasssseee!?

:w00t:

• 2 weeks later...

100%

I have been meaning to post a pic.

But someone has to go on Holiday now and again.

Test ride was great.

NEW QUESTION but for someone else.

The Swift advertised.

Why is this TT bike not selling ? The one on the hub with reduced price.

post-7250-0-08436200-1430152727_thumb.jpg

post-7250-0-33917400-1430153037_thumb.jpg

post-7250-0-17910500-1430153061_thumb.jpg

post-7250-0-03650600-1430153082_thumb.jpg

post-7250-0-95092000-1430153101_thumb.jpg

Archived