[Event] Hex Valley Autumn Splendour MTB

Hexpas

Was n baie lekke roete! Het maar afgechop vandag! Dink ek moet maar weer n hardtail kry vir race.... ;) Maar dink moet net my slegheid stop en harder oefen! Het die downhills geliiiiiike op die duallie!!

Well done!

Sien weer volgende jaar!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The wind on the home leg was a bit of a killer. The bike was great on the downs but the legs let me down a bit. My longest ride by far in several months...

I did the 55km. A tough but really enjoyable ride. This race was more of an adventure then most rides. Moderately technical in my view.  The heart pumping long climb. The first down hill caught me off-guard. Nearly tumbled. Balancing yourself on single track along the abandoned train tracks (that you view with suspicion) on the one hand and the mountain drop on the other. Piercing the dark tunnel lit with ghostly lanterns...wondering how you will handle a fall from a big hole/rock or other obstacle that could bring you to an abrupt stop. Hanging on through the rollercoaster effect of the downs (on the platoo) followed by sharp ups...that have you clutching the bars for dear life. Wished someone prepared me for all this. My wife did the 35km. She was not very impressed with me for what she had to go through. :devil:

Overall a well organised event.

By the way...did anyone perhaps pick up a red and black Cape Storm long-fingered glove?

Edited by Bikes

I really enjoyed this event,its been a while since I did so much climbing in one ride,but enjoyed the challenge and also the great "downhills". Unfortunately had a sidewall puncture on a rock but luckely I could just plug it and be on my way.I should definately get some more training in than my daily 5km commute and then just race every second weekend.

I would also like to congratulate the Swart Kat on his 5th place,great riding dude.[emoji106]

I really enjoyed this event,its been a while since I did so much climbing in one ride,but enjoyed the challenge and also the great "downhills". Unfortunately had a sidewall puncture on a rock but luckely I could just plug it and be on my way.I should definately get some more training in than my daily 5km commute and then just race every second weekend.

I would also like to congratulate the Swart Kat on his 5th place,great riding dude.[emoji106]

Thanks Ben. Dont where you all saw the rocks and downhills, I saw stars right from the start! At the moment I race every weekend and rest during the week. Tomorrow 7bells its off to PE for The Great Zuurberg Trek 3 day race......

See you all at Wacky the weekend there after!