MTB post fires

dirtypot

Guest notmyname

Sorry to hijeck but please can someone point me to a trailhead in stellenbosch. I'm dead keen to ride tomorrow before I go to Sedgefield. Please please please.

"Sorry to hijeck but please can someone point me to a trailhead in stellenbosch. I'm dead keen to ride tomorrow before I go to Sedgefield. Please please please. "

You could go gap some Eden and Gspot.

Sorry to hijeck but please can someone point me to a trailhead in stellenbosch. I'm dead keen to ride tomorrow before I go to Sedgefield. Please please please.

Go and ride the Garden Route trails, just up the road from Sedgefield - It's a a riders paradise.

Guest notmyname

Why bother.

Edited by Soapbox

Day permits will now also be sold at the new coffee shop at Hazendal, but only from 8 am. If you want to ride earlier, please buy your permits at the Engen garage at Soneike, Kuilsriver. The coffee shop is to your right just before you enter the parking lot. There is also a bike wash in the corner of the parking lot near the barns.

Rode Bottelary from Hazendal this past Sunday. The coffee shop opened at 9am not 8am, not sure if it would open earlier on a Saturday. Rather stop at the Engen if you want to start early. Day permit was R50

Guest notmyname

Go and ride the Garden Route trails, just up the road from Sedgefield - It's a a riders paradise.

Jip. Harkerville, garden Route trail Park, Homtini, Oudshoorn and swartberg pass are all planned . just looking to ride other stellies trails because I'm here and jonkershoek is closed.

Bottom of Bottelary rd, as you come from Stikland / Bellville side.

There is a small Shopping Complex there. (Soneike)

Edited by Wannabe

Here is a really quick attempt:

post-57788-0-04363600-1429878515_thumb.png

Might be slightly off, but there are a heap of people up there at the moment. Once you get on the gravel (either come through behind the hockey fields next to river or enter at paradyskloof - then you're at eden anyway) just head up & towards trees - if you get lost ask another rider how to get to the single tracks... should point you in right direction.

Edited by droenn

Guest notmyname

Here is a really quick attempt:

eden.png

Might be slightly off, but there are a heap of people up there at the moment. Once you get on the gravel (either come through behind the hockey fields next to river or enter at paradyskloof - then you're at eden anyway) just head up & towards trees - if you get lost ask another rider how to get to the single tracks... should point you in right direction.

Thanks. I'll do a recce this evening before the flippin load shedding.

Quite sure I paid R30.00 a month or two ago.

Has been R50 for at least the last 2 years. 

So are there no more 24 hour permit spots other than the Engen?

You can buy permits 24/7 at the following spots:

Engen Garage Soneike

Zevenwacht Country Hotel

Asara Hotel

Devon Vale Country Club 

Riding only allowed from first light.

So we went for a ride there on Saturday morning  - did the green, red, blue and yellow routes.  47km. 

I enjoyed it!  My riding partner (who decided to tube his front wheel instead of repairing the tubeless) got four punctures from thorns and so didn't enjoy it as much...

It was more challenging than I was expecting it to be!

Some of that single track is just awesome though.