Seatpost offset, 8mm

delko

Hi Guys,

I am currently running a 8mm offset bontrager seat post,

Is it really worth it to get a zero offset seatpost, it seems like 8mm is so little,

I suppose one cant turn around the seatpost 180 degrees so that the layback sits in the front?

Pleasee help

Thank you

If the bike came with the 8mm setback post chances are the seatpost angle / seatpost combo is matched.

8mm isn't much & you can easily adjust the saddle accordingly.

Thank you,

I am currently having the seat at the most forward position,

I had a shorter stem on but the stearing worsened so I changed back to the stock stem , now I am just looking to have the saddle a little forward like 10-15mm .

Seat height from the bottom braket is 750mm so I cant really fit on a medium frame,

Thank you for the imputs,

you cant really turn seat posts backwards because that messes with the tilt of the saddle rails

a shorter stem always makes the steering more twitchy particularily when you are climbing you do get used to it unless you went from a 120 to a 60 but it doesn't sound like you and your bike are a happy fit

now  ill ask the standard hub question .... :devil:

have you had a proper bike fit ?

if you haven't then do one before you spend more money on the wrong bits ..

if you have then the fitter is the guy to answer your seat post questions :blush:

Thank you,

Yeah, I havent had a bikefit yet,

spend the little cash and time  :thumbup:

you wont waste cash and time buying incorrect parts ( and you may wind up buying none)and you wont wind up with injuries you shouldn't have in future

Archived