Advice needed Bestmed Lost City MTB Classic

Adventure Girl

Hey All.

What are your comment on the Bestmed Lost City MTB Classic? Im usually cycling the road race, but am contemplating riding the 50km mtb this year.

Where I live there is not much technical terrain to get some training on that, but mostly gravel roads. My fear is that the route is too technical. I can handle jeep tracks, single tracks, thick sand, hills... but fear loose rocks as I have no experience on that.

What's your opinion on the route.? Should I stick to the road or give the mtb a chance?

If you never try it, you will never know! Sounds like you will be just fine. (having said that, I have not done this race).

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all,

A quick question - first time am doing the Lost City MTB race. (50km). Unfortunately the plan is drive up in the morning from Randburg side.

What time should I be leaving? Is the traffic on the Sun City side really bad when you get there?

Does anyone have experience from previous years on this?

(In addition, does anyone have a route profile - I can see the map but no indication of the "a lot of climbing   :mellow: ")

Thanks, appreciate it.

BUMP - I am also a noob to this MTB (and most other) races.

Any regular riders of this race got any advice/info to share on the 55Km race. All the info seems to scant on it.

Technical I love - climbing I am a loser, so any advice she is welcome! 

Archived