Speed Master 1000 Lumen not working

Speedytjop

Hi guys, I got myself a Speed Master 1000 Lumen light a while back and I am very happy with it!

For some or other reason I connected the battery to the light without using it, as far as I know it was charged, I usually disconnect everything when not in use.

This afternoon I mounted the light with the battery to my bike, tested the light it didn't work, I fiddled with connection tested it again and it worked with the button green meaning the battery is full. I went out, by the time I needed the headlight it was dead. I got home totally baffled. I kept trying the light, its still not working, I connected the battery to the charger to see if its gone flat, the light on the charger is not even illuminated, no red light :( does this mean my battery is shot?

Could it have gone flat beyond recovery while connected to the headlight without me using the light?

I was thinking of leaving it connected to the charger to see if the light will eventually illuminate from red to green.

Any help will be appreciated,

Thank you

1. Take it to your local electrical repairer, he/ she will be able to test the battery/ light and maybe will be able to repair it.

If you can return it per sale agreement, do so.

Otherwise, gooi weg en buy another. 

Have you tried wiggling the plugs?  If it is intermittent, one the wires in might have broken inside the cable.  Happened to mine.  Cost R15 for 1 female and 1 male replacement and got a buddy to solder them form me.  Good as new.

Thank you No Hare, Dazshell!! I took everything back to where I bought it today, they tested it, opened the battery pack and yes the wiring came off on the little pc board! They soldered it, secured it properly! I couldn't wait to go test it this evening and yes it works fine now!