Sinus and Hay-fever

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deselex tablets and Salex saline rinse seems to do the job for me.

Glad to see im not the only poor bugger who suffer from total collapse if i do go down form hayfever.

I suffer from asthma and sinus/hay-feaver.  I have for past 2 years been using Singular and Deselex every day and have found this has helped me big time.  I don't get sick anymore and find this to keep things in check.  I also always have Celestamine on hand, if the pollen count is high or mountain bike route is seriously dry and dusty, i will use the Celestamine.  I also use the Celestamine with Miprodol before bed when i have been drinking red wine :whistling: 

Stopped eating grains, havent even taking a single hayfever tablet since.

Same here! Hay fever, blocked or runny nose thing of the past.

• 2 weeks later...

So as per some advice I've been using Flomist every morning. Two sprays in each nostrill, and haven't struggled with hayfever since.

I've been for all the allergy tests etc and apparently I am allergic to nothing.  Don't have much faith in their tests....

I use

• Deselex (at night only as it makes me too drowsy during the day).
  • Sterimar Spray (when I don't have time to make a proper rinse).
  • Saline Rinse
  • Montair - only need this in April and September aka change of season.
  • Flomist of Avamist - I find the Avamist works better.

Something that works well for me is to put a couple of slices of lemon with some honey and boiling water.  The honey soothes the throat and helps line it and the lemon helps break down the phlegm.

Swimming also helps me a lot especially when I push hard in the pool.

Unfortunately even with all the above, I am currently on a 7 day course of Celestamine.  Its payment for doing the Tip Trans Cederberg Experience (lots of dust and pollen) and going to Madame Zingara (looks of artificial smoke). 

Have suffered since I was a baby.  As a kid I used to be on a wheat free, dairy free, preservative free diet.  I used to go to kids party's with blackcurrant juice from the health shop and a packet of popcorn.

The part I am not happy about is that my doctor has told me that I am not allowed to cycle in Durbanville, or anywhere near flowers or forests for the next month if I want to stay semi-healthy.

I have done a few races (Sani, B&B, Houw Hoek) where I would have failed a drug test because of cortisone.  They are all after the worst 2 months.

So as per some advice I've been using Flomist every morning. Two sprays in each nostrill, and haven't struggled with hayfever since.

One spray in each is sometimes better. With these sprays you may find your throat getting a bit irritated. Then reduce it, skip a day if necessary. Some people only use it in the allergy season, whatever that is. My allergies are all year round.

Archived