Scott Spark Grips Replacements

Lance Roberts

Hi everyone,

Can someone please suggest the best replacement grips for a 2015 Scott Spark? I'm not sure which replacement grip would work the best because of the "TwinLoc" which doubles up as the inside end lock ring for the grip.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers,

Lance

Hi everyone,

Can someone please suggest the best replacement grips for a 2015 Scott Spark? I'm not sure which replacement grip would work the best because of the "TwinLoc" which doubles up as the inside end lock ring for the grip.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers,

Lance

I use ESI grips the twinloc can be mounted directly to the handlebar.

I use ESI grips the twinloc can be mounted directly to the handlebar.

What year model is your Spark?

I tried mounting the Twinloc to the handlebar but the diameter of the bracket is to big.

Looks like it could be compatible with the ODI type grips, much like how the remote lever for the KS Lev is interchangeable with them. 

Do you think the Twinloc bracket would then fit onto the grip in place of the grips actual locking ring?

Ok cool, I'll see if I can get a set of those bad boys!

Thanks for the help.

It SHOULD work. Just take your grips off and compare the profile of the "clamp" portion to the clamp portions on the new grips. It may have a proprietary design, but I doubt it. 

It equally may be just a generic lock-on grip, which would save you some cash on having to get the ODI jobbies. 

Same story with my dad's spark 920. Went to my Scott dealer and they gave me a little rubber spacer that allows you to mount is separately.

Same story with my dad's spark 920. Went to my Scott dealer and they gave me a little rubber spacer that allows you to mount is separately.

That could also work because then you can use whatever grip you want. Thanks for the info, will go check with my LBS.

What year model is your Spark?

I tried mounting the Twinloc to the handlebar but the diameter of the bracket is to big.

It is a 2015 model but it does not matter. Just cut the rubber where the twinloc goes around and you got a spacer. I hope you understand what I am saying

Archived