Tour De College

ians H2Sport

The 2015 Tour de College MTB lap race takes place at Maritzburg College on the 30th August.

Teams of two are invited to enter at only R100 per team. It is a ‘relay’ event where the first rider does as many laps as he/she can, then tags their team mate to do the same. This gives rider 1 a chance to re-charge and then to take over again. This continues for the stipulated time period and ‘most laps wins!’ Individual entries also welcome.

The track is contained within the grounds of the school and takes cyclists through corridors, over a floating bridge at the swimming pool, round the fields, down banks, through the terraces, over the rock garden and more! The course is challenging enough for more experienced riders with alternative ‘chicken run’ options for novice riders.

The focus of this event is families and fun, however there are awesome prizes to be won too!

You can enter online and registration starts at 12:00pm with racing underway from 2:00pm – 5:00pm. Most laps wins.

I attended this event as a spectator and was impressed by the excitement and vibe from all of the participants. It ran for 3 hours, with mainly teams of 2. From tiny tots to adult beginners and even one or two of SA's top riders. What an awesome way for the little ones to be part of real racing. Good job Maritzburg College and organizers - I think Ewan was involved. Awesome stuff, we would love to see more of this in KZN

Archived