[Event] Howick MTB Club Enduro

Griffin

77 pre-entries for tomorrow...better get their early to scoop a bacon and egg roll from the Farmers Market :)

Reg opens at 8am, riders briefing is at 10am and I rate first rider on course at around 11am

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heads up all! The Stages for tomorrows Enduro have not been publicly released and there is no official practice. That means you race the routes "blind". The routes are closed until after race briefing and no one is allowed access to the route beforehand. If you are out there before briefing then you will be penalized/DQ'd

With 77 pre-entries and a few more expected on race day there are some logistics and arrangements to consider : 

- Parking at the Farmers Market will be at a premium! Please do NOT park someone in, park on private property or  double park. 

- No beer vendor is attending but you welcome to BYO (and no under age drinking!)

- Spectators are only allowed at the official spectator spot (walking distance from the Farmers Market)

- Riders may do either Stage 1 first or Stage 2 first and then the other Stage..but Stage 3 MUST be done last

- Transition/Liaison  stages cross over Stage 3 so transition/liaison riders please stop and check before crossing. This has been marked with tape so dont cross without checking

- Stage and transition/liaison route map will be on display at registration

-  Timing is on a tap n go system..if you dont tap in then your time wont start. If you dont tap out your time wont stop. This is YOUR responsibility. 

- End of Stage is marked with a orange board and tape. Please tap out and clear the area immediately as there will be riders following behind you and you/they need the run off space to slow down

- Self seeding is being used

Hope the peoples enjoyed the trails. I was spectating for a while at The Face and saw a few OTB there. Well done to all involved. :thumbup:

The Face is tough enough on its own...never mind when its the last stage and body/mind is tired. Well done to every single rider today! 

128 entries...super stoked with that.

Couple of things to work on for the next event but all in all pretty happy with how it all went

Well done to all riders and thank you for attending

Great event, thank you HMBC

I found it very slippy early on (rain does that) but it dried up quickly, and the long last run was a total blast (glad to hear Griff say the face is hard : I thought it was just me !). The trails really are sublime.

Unfortunately the market was over when I finished, but someone loaned me a beer.

Thanks Aicorner

Howick Trails suite themselves well to Enduro and we will hopefully be looking at holding more events like this. Great turnout..actually too us a bit by surprise with over 50 late entries on the day.

We also hoped that the Market would stay open but without knowing beforehand just how many people would be there is difficult to convince the stall holders to stick around. They traditionally close at 1030/11..but this is something we will def work on for the future.  Likewise with a beer vendor. I asked 4 breweries to attend but none were interested without confirmed numbers. Apparently the new events act also makes it quite difficult for them to attend ? Not sure but that's what I was told. 

The weather forecast was supposed to be clear (and it was later in the morning) but when I was up at the Firetower at about 8am it was so misty I couldn't even see the trail makers lol! That little bit of rain def made the rocks slippery..and interesting! 

Just out of interest .. which Stage was your fav ? 

Thanks for a great event yesterday. Thoroughly enjoyed by my 'crew'. Please can you post the final results on here or elite timing so that we can figure out who's buying the beer for the next one...

Thanks for a great event yesterday. Thoroughly enjoyed by my 'crew'. Please can you post the final results on here or elite timing so that we can figure out who's buying the beer for the next one...

Hey David. Thanks to you and the crew for attending!

Results should be up tomorrow at www.elitetiming.co.za

In the meantime, check out a few pics at https://www.facebook.com/howickmtb

Just seen results on elitetiming.co.za... apparently I didn't ride at all, according to the results!?!?

Stage 3 was awesome,and second half of 2 was nice as well first half of 1 was extremely slippery and dangerous. I have been on it in the dry and it is not that bad but put some water in the mix and you have to be real awake.

Stage 3 was awesome,and second half of 2 was nice as well first half of 1 was extremely slippery and dangerous. I have been on it in the dry and it is not that bad but put some water in the mix and you have to be real awake.

Stage 3 was the longest so that it brought you back to the Farmers Market. 

Yup..some unexpected rain in the morning did make Stage 1 quite slippery but it was way to late to change the routes by then. Made for some interesting "comments" ;) 

Stage 3 was the longest so that it brought you back to the Farmers Market. 

Yup..some unexpected rain in the morning did make Stage 1 quite slippery but it was way to late to change the routes by then. Made for some interesting "comments" ;)

Stage 3 to me is what Enduro is about,some guys were complaining along stage 3 that this is suppose to be downhill and I told them this is exactly what enduro is about ups and downs. This is why enduro is growing so quickly,it beats doing a marathon or Classic and all the people are chilled and not so stuck up like with the other forms of racing.

Archived