Road Cycling Clubs in Pretoria

Waffles

Hi all.

I would like to ask if anyone had suggestions to a good cycling club in PTA.

Im a bit of a roddie noob, only having done a half Argus. I'm 26 and average aout 150km a week, apart from down time because of a car hitting me.

Any comments will be welcome positive and negative experiences.

Also have a look at Velo and Lynnwood Cyclery if you're in the East. I'm a club member at Lynnwood Cyclery (albeit for MTB), lekker bunch of okes. Do a ride with a few clubs until you find a place you like.

Good luck with the recovery from the car hit!

Thanks for the advice. I think east Pretoria might be best for me, living in Lynnwood area. I was looking at Lynnwood cyclery, although i was told there road group is very small. Is that true?

Anyone got any experience with the Bicycle Company guys?

Thanks for the advice. I think east Pretoria might be best for me, living in Lynnwood area. I was looking at Lynnwood cyclery, although i was told there road group is very small. Is that true?

I don't know the size of the group(s) riding, but I know there is a backup vehicle riding with them. Swing by the shop sometime, they'll point you in the right direction.

Not too sure about The Bicycling Company though. Some guys who rode with Cycle Lab has joined the club (LCC), so I would assume there isn't a club (yet). But I can be wrong.

Speak to Dana or Morne at The Bicycle Company Lynnwood. They have groups going out that are supported by a vehicle.

Evening Warren, Lynnwood Cyclery Club LCC, have a large MTB club, a growing road club and triathlon group. Safety vehicles provided and a great group of riders taking care of all levels, keeping safe, having fun and growing the sport.

Hi Warren. Cycle Lab (The B Shop) is not bad but their training rides tend to be more chilled and somewhat unstructured (even for the advanced groups) - Velo is cool and they have a (very) fast group and a slower group, pop into Hot Spot Cycles to find out more. I'm also in the Lynnwood area, give me a shout if you are keen on a coffee run.

Velo & Bruce reyneke combined yesterday to ride to Harties and back.

Velo has quite a big group and I would start with B group first.

The have a vechile that rides behind the group .

Bruce Reyneke also has quite a big group.

Enjoy the riding.

Thanks so much for the advice. I think I'll have a look at LLC and Velo. Support vehicle is always good. Thanks again

Archived