A group of 26 riders has formed and caught Majka and Zakarin. Froome and Team Sky seem happy to let them go.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a total of 28 riders in the attack, with several teams having two or three riders present.

125km remaining from 160km

Riders are eating and drinking in the peloton, digging in for a tough day

The Skyborgs drive the peloton on

All the breakaway groups have combined into 30 riders in the break are:

Jon Izagirre and Nelson Oliveira (Movistar), Vincenzo Nibali and Tanel Kangert (Astana), Rafal Majka (Tinkoff), Domenico Pozzovivo and Alexis Vuillermoz (AG2R-LaMondiale), George Bennett (LottoNL-Jumbo), Haimar Zubeldia (Trek), Stef Clement, Jérôme Coppel and Jarlinson Pantano (IAM), Pierre Rolland, Tom-Jelte Slagter and Dylan van Baarle (Cannondale-Drapac), Serge Pauwels (Dimension Data), Tom Dumoulin (Giant-Alpecin), Steve Morabito and Sébastien Reichenbach (FDJ), Bartosz Huzarski (Bora-Argon 18), Alberto Losada and Ilnur Zakarin (Katusha), Kristjian Durasek, Tsgabu Grmay and Jan Polanc (Lampre-Merida), Romain Sicard and Thomas Voeckler (Direct Energie), Julian Alaphilippe (Etixx-Quick Step), Dani Navarro (Cofidis) and Ruben Plaza (Orica-BikeExchange).

⚠️⚠️

At the back of the race Jesus Herrara (Movistar) has climbed off after being distanced. He has been ill in the last few days. That leaves Quintana with one rider less.

Voeckler reaches the summit first and so takes maximum points in the KOM competition. Majka just behind and so scores more points. He is closing in on leader De Gendt (Lotto Soudal) who failed to get into the break today.

The riders have just passed over the short Col de Pisseloup, with Serge Pauwels taking maximum points. He also seems interested in going for the polka-dot jersey today.

Majka was second and so scored 1 point, to take the lead the polka-dot jersey competition.

Team Sky is taking advantage of the descent to push on with the chase of the 30-rider break.

It’s a funny day, its so hard but there’s a descent and then 8km of flat roads to the finish. We’ll have to see what happens and try to predict what happens. We’ll sit tight and see what happens. I think me and Tejay can work together but today is all about the legs, its such a hard stage today.”

Porte, Team BMC

83km remaining from 160km

The break is now 2km from the summit of the Col de la Rochette - a 3rd cat climb of 5.1km.

Archived