Suspension Fork Dilemma

supavan

Here's my dilemma. Last week I had a bit of a crash in which the bridge of my 2012 RockShox Reba was cracked. It seems however that there are no lowers available neither can I find a replacement fork locally.

The fork is a 2012 RockShox Reba dual air for a 26" wheel with, straight steerer, 120mm travel and 9mm QR dropouts.

The wheelset on the bike is a set of 2009 Mavic CrossTrails. As far as I know the hubs on those don't take anything else than 9/10mm QR.

As much as I would like to use this as an excuse to get a new bike, I just can't.

So what now? The bike is insured but I can't place a claim if I can't supply replacement details.

Any Recon, Revelation, and 32mm stanchion lower should work. Mate of mine rebuilt a Recon lower onto his revelation, and I know of another guy who used a Reba lower on his Recon. Make a plan.

Look for a 2nd hand fork, and if they are both unserviceable strip and rebuild them to get one good fork going.

Any Recon, Revelation, and 32mm stanchion lower should work. Mate of mine rebuilt a Recon lower onto his revelation, and I know of another guy who used a Reba lower on his Recon. Make a plan.

I'll be looking into that tomorrow. Thank you.

The RS man is on leave at the moment, so this will unfortunately have to wait a while... but I'm pretty sure we'll be able to sort something out.