MTB to Road Bike

PietSw

I have been mainly doing MTB riding for just over a year now and I have seen my SPEED increase dramatically as I get fitter. I really enjoy the MTB and have no intention of giving it up anytime soon . So dont worry too much MTB'ers

I did the 94.7 ROAD with the MTB after not having done further than 35km (stupid I know) and I was battred and bruised.. As one of the "Nice" looking ladies told me when I cramped up "You are very brave to do it on a MTB"..Anyway, I have unfinished Business with that route as I obviously want to do it alot quicker..

So I spent December on the Classifieds and  I recently purchase a second hand Road Bike on the there for a Bargain... 

Was I in for a surprise as to just HOW MUCH faster a Road Bike is...

My average speed over my local 55km route  (remember its my first time out on the Road Bike and I have just done a setup from tips online) was 7kph faster than the same route a week earlier on the Knobblies. I had plenty of energy left and felt quit depressed that I did not push harder.

Anyway, I reckon if i can get into a semi-regular group ride(to take advantage of the drafting) and Seed a little better, the next 94.7 is going to be a BIG improvement..

Any tips who I can ride with in Alberton,,, I averaged 29kph over the 55km route (albeit a little flattish)

I have been mainly doing MTB riding for just over a year now and I have seen my SPEED increase dramatically as I get fitter. I really enjoy the MTB and have no intention of giving it up anytime soon . So dont worry too much MTB'ers

I did the 94.7 ROAD with the MTB after not having done further than 35km (stupid I know) and I was battred and bruised.. As one of the "Nice" looking ladies told me when I cramped up "You are very brave to do it on a MTB"..Anyway, I have unfinished Business with that route as I obviously want to do it alot quicker..

So I spent December on the Classifieds and  I recently purchase a second hand Road Bike on the there for a Bargain... 

Was I in for a surprise as to just HOW MUCH faster a Road Bike is...

My average speed over my local 55km route  (remember its my first time out on the Road Bike and I have just done a setup from tips online) was 7kph faster than the same route a week earlier on the Knobblies. I had plenty of energy left and felt quit depressed that I did not push harder.

Anyway, I reckon if i can get into a semi-regular group ride(to take advantage of the drafting) and Seed a little better, the next 94.7 is going to be a BIG improvement..

Any tips who I can ride with in Alberton,,, I averaged 29kph over the 55km route (albeit a little flattish)

Fantastic, welcome to the road!!!

I don't know the exact details, but I know there are several rides in the South that you could join. I'm sure the South crew will share shortly. The one meets opposite that Mall of The South on Sundays.