Fatbike Patch - Fatbike Trail

Karakoram

Thought I would share news about a new trail section, part of the Wannabees Cycling Club in Somerset West's trail network.

It doesn’t matter if you’re Mandy or Andy, the patch will introduce you to Sandy. A 2km labyrinth of twisty, sandy tracks on a meadow, designed to outline the shape of a really huge Fatbike.

The trail section is called the Fatbike Patch. The club managed to obtain permission to utilise a fallow piece of sandy farm  land for the establishment of a fatbike trail. The novelty of the Fatbike Patch is that it outlines the shape of a huge Fatbike, just over 2km long.

The trail is negotiable on any mountain bike, but is much more fun to ride on a fatbike because of the sandy soil.

(On Strava, the segment is called "Dawie's Fatbike").

Non-club members may ride the trail provided they purchase a day-permit (R40), available at all the LBSs in Somerset West, also available at the Lord Charles Hotel reception desk (24/7), Campus Solutions at Waterstone Shopping Centre, and Somerbosch Wine Estate.

We are also planning a Fatbike outride in May, riding the Fatbike Patch as well as the single tracks/Jeep tracks of the club, stopping at coffee shops on trail, altogether doing about 35km. It will be an opportunity for Fatbike owners to share ideas, swap high calorie stories about gear and trails and sharing the love of fatties.

post-19702-0-94842200-1457504623_thumb.jpg

post-19702-0-58852300-1457504652_thumb.jpg

post-19702-0-73147000-1457504690_thumb.jpg

That is just the greatest thing since the invention of the Fatbike  :D  - I love it

When you are in town, come and ride it. Drop me a call, and I will go ride it with you.

One of the club's members just shared his Strava Art of riding the Fatbike Patch. (The ride was described as Shake, Rattle and Roll). The track will smooth out as more wheels go over it, but also get more sandy. 

post-19702-0-58221900-1457674960_thumb.jpg

One of the club's members just shared his Strava Art of riding the Fatbike Patch. (The ride was described as Shake, Rattle and Roll). The track will smooth out as more wheels go over it, but also get more sandy. 

attachicon.gif1457674399330-175156843.jpg

Ek sal hom gou more gaan toets.

Ek sal hom gou more gaan toets.

Fantasties! Die Strava prentjie was op 'n gewone bergfiets gedoen. Vet is vrolik, maar nie verpligtend om die nuwe Vetfietsbaan te geniet nie. Laat weet hoe jy dit ervaar het.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, The first big, phat Winelands Fatbike get together is still happening in three weeks time, on Saturday 7 May. Please let us know if you are interested in joining the ride.

Details (including a video clip) about joining the ride is available here: https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/158555-the-first-big-phat-winelands-fatbike-get-together/?hl=fatbike

Spread the love of Fat, join us for a spot of Vet Pret.

Archived