Bike rental for IronMan 2016?

DoubleJ

Dagse dames en here

Anybody maybe know if there's someone/place in PE that offers a rental option on Tri-bikes? I've phoned around but no luck yet. My mate's doing his two hundredth and thirtieth and sewenty ..... and twenteen IronMan this year and my bum sommer starts aching everytime I think of him klapping 180km's on his old Orbea road bike....again. I've been on that bike, there was a lot of crying involved....even before I got out of my own driveway.

Maybe there's a retired ironman/woman that forgot about the tri-bike standing in the basement begging to be used for it's intended purposes that will agree on some form of rental agreement for the event? Unfortunately I'm from Uitenhage so all my spare cash goes into banana branching and dropped suspensions for my Cortina so I can't help out big time.

I know I'm probably just taking a chance here, but you never know. He's about 178cm tall.

Ek dank u.

Edited by DoubleJ

You could try the Ironman shop in Main rd Walmer or any of the bike shops in PE.I don't know if it is a good idea to hire a bike just for the event itself ie your body will not be used to the fit and cause all sorts of aches and pains.

Hope he comes right and has a good event.

Ja......if he has done all his training on his current bike, it's almost too late to put him on something different.

His body won't adapt to the position of a tribike so close to the event.

Thanks guys. I'll tell him to take the saddle off and sit on the pipe... Think it'll be more comfortable ;-)