SLX M675 and XT M785 Chainrings

green

Hi All.

I have searched for this answer everywhere but I can't get a definitive answer. Are the XT and SLX chainrings for the models mentioned above compatible with each other. I understand the AM and AK compatibility already.

I want to buy SLX chainrings and put them on my XT cranks.

Thanks

all good to go mate, as long as you have the same PCD. (The Distance between the bolts) and has the same amount of bolts  

Yes they are perfectly compatible. No problems. Any 10 speed shimano/sram with the same BCD will work.

The finish on SLX and XT 10 spd cranks and rings is different. So they'll look mismatched.

A good way to check compatibility is the expanded view diagrams on si.shimano.com.

The diagram for the FC M785 2x10 XT crank does not list SLX ( M675) rings as compatible. However the SLX crank diagram lists both Deore and XT rings as compatible noting the cosmetic differences. So SLX rings should fit on the XT crank but suggest you take your crank to the LBS when you buy to make sure....they are not listed as compatible on Shimano's own documentation. This may simply be because M785 was released before M675 and the XT diagram may pre-date the availability of the SLX rings.

Archived