Torque wrench advice

Bravo1

Hi guys

I'm in the market to buy a torque wrench to do some DIY servicing on my Scott Spark 910.

The pivots on the rear suspension started to squeek a while ago but after a good lube on all the pivots from my local bike shop its been it old self...

I've tried keeping up the preventative maintenance by cleaning the bike thoroughly and spaying the pivots with some WD40 after each ride(which up till now been working and effective ) but instead of taking the bike to my local shop for a proper dismantle of the pivots to lube them, I thought it good to try and rather do it myself now and then.....which leads to me needing torque wrench to set the pivots as suggested by manufacturer

I got a quote on a Gedore wrench today. Its obviously an excellent quality tool, but comes with a hefty pricetag!!

Any ideas or leads where I can purchace something similar( or something most bike mechs use?)

Thanks!

I bought a cheaper version than the Parktool wrenches but only I will be using it and I would not be using it every day so found it difficult to spend a huge amount of money on something that will not be used every day. I bought Proxton here in Germany and I am pleasantly surprised on the quality.

What ever one you choose there is a technique to using it to get accurate results. I seem to remember some have to be reset to zero in order to store so as to retain accuracy. Read up a bit. Cheerio.

Archived