Thinking of a cyclocross ss

speednut

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

In this image it's a 42/16 but typically I'll run 52/16.

Fark me sideways, it must be pretty flat around youre parts, or you just like to hurt yourself. [emoji6]

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

Yup it is kinda flat. Gonna try that setup for 94.7 this year- will suffer on the hills but hopefully not get dropped on the flats

Looks good, busy with a similar build myself, an old steel road frame that I am going to run single speed on some cyclocross tyres.

Went to see what options I have at my Lbs on chainrings for the older model Shimano crank I intent to use and was hit with the news.

All they got in that BCD is 50T and 52T.That wil leave me with 52/50 - 16/17/18.It ain't flat where I live, so they will be looking for smaller rings for me, or I'll have to get n different crank.

52/16,my legs hurt just thinking about it.

Looks good, busy with a similar build myself, an old steel road frame that I am going to run single speed on some cyclocross tyres.

Went to see what options I have at my Lbs on chainrings for the older model Shimano crank I intent to use and was hit with the news.

All they got in that BCD is 50T and 52T.That wil leave me with 52/50 - 16/17/18.It ain't flat where I live, so they will be looking for smaller rings for me, or I'll have to get n different crank.

52/16,my legs hurt just thinking about it.

Good luck with the build. You could try Whippet Cycle Co up here in Jhb for help with a chainring to suit your needs - https://whippetcyclingco.com/