Mid range Indoor trainer

Ryno.

HI to all ,

I've had my Jetblack M1 trainer for a year now , but lately with an FTP of close to 300w I feel it doesn't provide enough resistance. 

I am looking at upgrading to a trainer with a exponential power curve and 400w resistance at 40km/h in the 2000-3000ZAR price range second hand.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Hi,

I cannot comment on the new trainer, but would like to ask about your current trainer.  I am looking to buy my first indoor trainer. Would be using my 29er, just slap on a trainer tire and want to crack on during the winter.  I am not looking for all the fancy gadgets and hooking up to ipads etc.  Just a solid trainer, that is not to noisy and delivers a work out.  Would you recommend the Jetblack?

Any other comments on a taxc or cycleops would be welcome.  Sorry for the highjack.

Would definitely recommend Jetblack. The hydrogel roller is extremely quite. (your drive train will make more noise than the trainer). Very robust too! Only downside is that it does not provide enough resistance for stronger riders doing intervals on them.(like most magnetic trainers)

Archived